Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Disney Tickets

We are going to be in Orlando area at Lake Louisa from 3/7/08-3/11/08. Our daughter is flying in for a few days with the granddaughter age 4. We plan to go to Disney for a few days. What is the best way to get resonable tickets? In the past we have always bought them before we got there at the Disney Store or on line. Last year we saw all kinds of stores advertising they buy unused tickets and sell Disney, Sea World, tickets at a fraction of the cost. Has anyone ever bought tickets from the side stores and are they really cheaper and not a rip?

cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have not bought any of the discount tickets. From what I have read, I think it is a case of buyer beware. You may either get a good deal or you may get a ticket that is no good.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As BB TX said "Buyer Beware". Here in Florida there are way to many so called deals for the unwary buyer. Better paying full price thru Disney than taking a chance on these rip offs.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I agree.You need to be very careful. FYI The cost of a one day admission for a single park is 75.00 add a park hopper for 50.00 that would allow you to hop between all the parks ( just about impossible in a single day.) Get on the Disney web site and look for package specials. Things are slow at Disney and there are some really good deals to be had. Note it will still not be cheap....

www.disneyworld.com
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Thanks, I think we will go the same route and get them at the Disney store before we go. Since we are going for 2 days not any specials. It is worth the price no matter what. Just wondered....
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Do not buy any tickets from anyone except Disney. There are few legit "deals" out there. Disney has a deal after the first of the year where if you buy 4 day park hoppers and nights at one of their resorts, they will throw in three more days. Check their web site. Also you get a free ticket if you visit the parks on your birthday. Of course they are aware you would not come by yourself.

I would not plan on more than 2 parks a day. That is tough as it is.

We see everything under the sun. I operate the turnstiles at Epcot.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Look on the web site even for 2 day specials after the first of the year.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Thank you for all your infro. I will check the Disney site for specials starting tomorrow on and off weekly. Since we are taking a 4yr old we decided not to do a hopper ticket. Just hit one park a day. We are going to start with the Magic Kingdom since she is so little and go from there. We are going to do Sea World a day. After that we are going to go day by day. It all gets a little over whelming and tiring. There will plenty more trips to Florida we hope and we don't have to run ourselves ragged trying to do the impossible. Not fun for her or us! Again thanks!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
Floridariz
Established Member

M.O.C. #7401
AAA!!! Best deal, I think.

Floridariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #10
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
A suggestion is going to the Magic Kingdom in the morning for a while and then leaving for a while and take a nap. Return in the late afternoon to see more and then seeing the light show at night where Tinker Bell will be flying over you and your 4 year old's heads - quite a sight. The late morning-early afternoon nap makes the day easier on all ages. ENJOY!!!
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote