Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Jim-n-Kathy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7917
Day 4 "Mission get Monty form Capone Town"

Hello everybody,
Here's the headline; JIM N KATHY'S MONTANA IS NO LONGER BEING HELD HOSTAGE IN THE MIDWEST [well almost;-read on].

I bet some of you reading this are beginning to think our trip updates are sounding a bit like episodes of "Lost". Ugh!
Anyway, today as Kathy had several conversations with the TomTom and Sami sacked in the back row of our crewcab-I enjoyed munching gummy bears and burned up our last 600 miles of 80 W. So FINALLY at 7:30 we arrived in the cold and isolated storage lot [3 miles south of the WI border] and there we found our Monty! I swear I saw it smile back as we pulled up. OK so I am getting a bit road weird. But, it sure was a good feeling after conducting a quick walk-around [interior/exterior to discover that all appeared to be in pristine shape. Kathy and I actually had earlier ideas of sleeping in the Montana this first evening-but common horse sense [and a dead battery and no available electricity] convinced us to run to the nearest Comfort Inn for 1 more evening.
Tomorrow it's up with the chickens, head to the storage lot and start drilling and tapping. As that progresses I imagine Kathy will be transferring the mountain of "things" that have been traveling in the PU bed for the past 2100 miles. If I know Kathy we may soon have a real "Full Monty". She is soooo organized.
Assuming tool time goes as planned [no surprises] then sometime around noon I should be able to look in the rear view of the D/A as we travel north toward MI and see a real good looking tailgater right on my bumper from now on.
Take care,
Jim n Kathy [and shedding Sami the Lab.

Jim-n-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Good luck and I hope tomorrow is a hassle free day and you can get on the road with a good lookin rear! Ha Ha!!

Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
How exciting! Hope all goes well and that the good elves keep the evil gremlins away!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Glad you guys made it to the Windy City OK! Hope all went well today with tool time and you are hooked up and up in Detroit by now! I was wondering how you two were going to do all of the traveling coming up in your Monte without any supplies! Now I know-- the D/A was packed full for the trip up and now is free to pull the Monte in all it's glory! Keep in touch and keep us informed of the trip! Save travels!

Ron and Mary
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote