Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
2008 Anniversary Monty Peeky

Got a chance to look at the 2008 Anniversary Monties - I like!!

Couple of observations -

The remote control is better than my own design! The individual slide controls in the remote system are actually mechanical (hydraulic) rather than electrical. Basically they just moved what I have as individual valves to 1/2 turn valves in a panel. (this is good)

The new Corian tops are beautiful. Not sure why the bathroom always is a generation behind. The new model has our fiberglass countertop material in the bathroom. Ours bathroom is the older formica - hmmmm. (this is good - but weird)

The new shower head is cool, and the bath enclosure is cool. I think with a longer hose, the shower head and bar could be added to any rig with the tub. (this is good)

The Apollo has vanished. The replacement is a 23" Sylvania. It says microwave, but I suspect it is actually a convection because it has temperature selections like an oven above each number on the key pad, and the interior is stainless steel. The Model number is not yet available on the Sylvania website. (this is great)

The interior of the cabinet doors are Filon, not vinyl. (this is good)

The landing gear on the Z-frame ended up outside of the frame to allow a longer stroke on the gear (this is good). This was a big problem on Big Horn rigs.

The bigger main TV is nice! (side entertainment types). The TV does take away from the desktop next to it, but I guess I'd rather watch TV than work anyway. (this is good)

The bedroom TV is a flat screen, but NOT a flat panel LCD. Obviously just an upgrade to basic digital over the analog to meet the new requirements. It still wastes the cabinet space, but is better than the one in our 2007 (not great, but good enough)

The taller basement is....OK. There is more cubic feet, but unless you are taking your lawnmower and snowblower, I'm not positive it has great advantages. You would have to be a stack artist and willing to stoop lower than you do now to get stuff out. The rubber floors are fantastic (not my favorite change - but good none-the-less)

The new 3650RE (rear entertainment) is WAY COOL. We opted out of the rear entertainment unit originally because we loved the big back window. Now you get the best of both - the big back window and a GI-MONGOUS rear flat screen TV that electrically retracts into the cabinet below. The desk is small, but no smaller than it always was in this model. The dark tint on the single pane windows blocks out the view of the back of your TV from the outside very well. Not so with the dual pane clear glass, so your neighbors all get to look at your Monster Cable if you have your curtains open in the back. Big Sky has introduced the same model as a 365REQ. (this is gooder than good)

That was it - all good stuff in my opinion! But then again, I am very Bias.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Good review Brad. Have you placed your order yet???

We really like everything about ours. The only concern I have is the landing gear is shorter and closer to the ground. We have blown 2 fuses so far retracting the legs, but now we know how far it can go and should not have any trouble.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Sounds like trade-in and trade-up fever is starting to run rampant in Colorado????
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We liked most of what we saw too, but the lack of a Half Time Oven is a deal killer for DW, so we did not buy one!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
No trade here - just always like to look. Something to do waiting for the snow to melt.

Don, is your oven actually a convection/microwave or just microwave? I couldn't tell.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #6
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Brad, The oven has 4 cook settings, Microwave Cooking, Grill, Convection, and Roast.
The cooking tray is all metal and doesn't have a glass tray. We haven't tried it out, but hope to soon.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:48 AM   #7
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Good report Brad. The wife was looking at the 365REQ last night on the puter, and drooling on the keyboard. Sure wish the checkbook could keep up with the "IWANTIT's" . They are very nice units.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #8
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Our new 3585 10th is currently loaded on a container vessel on its way from Montreal. It shipped from Keystone Mar. 28th. Even though we still have a couple of feet of snow on the ground we can't wait to do our first walk through. Then it's PDI and ink away some more of the kid's inheritance. I am prepared for it all and mostly from what I have learned here in the MOC.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ont Mont - you might check out the Sylvania oven. Sounds to me like Don's new one does everything the Apollo does!

Lonnie, That was really a nice floorplan (at least in the Montana version we looked at). The benefits of the side aisle plus the rear window and the big kitchen we have now. The only downside would be we would loose our stackables. When we are ready, which will be quite a while, it will definately be on our check out list.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
John and Carol
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6294
With all the changes and upgrades, what has happened to price for the 2008s?
John and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote