Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #1
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Montana spotted in Austin

Watching the local news this evening and the coverage of the protests going on in downtown Austin. I-35 was moving very slow due to the protesters. Happened to notice a poor soul creeping along at 5:30 or so (see pic of the TV below)...Montana pulled by a white Ram truck. MOC member? Sorry you had to travel through all of that mess!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F436D078-98F9-46A0-8903-25529F60000F.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	372.0 KB
ID:	6446  

Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Good catch.

My wife and I have been playing a game for the last 20 years. It's a deviation of the "slug bug" game, where if you see a Volkswagon Bug you punch your partner on the shoulder. Well, we don't believe in fighting, we believe in "love". My wife's mother and her husband played the "slug-bug" game when they traveled. And back then, we camped together a several times and then when sight seeing we'd travel together. They thought "Slug Bug" was fun.

Well, I really never truly "liked" my mother-in-law. Her husband (not my wife's father...a remariage), now I adored him. But she... well ... she was just something else.

Meanwhile, my wife and I came up with a new version of the game, and Yes! it did pi$$ off my mother-in-law which made the game even more fun for us.

Every time we saw a "camper" of any sort. we'd yell "CAMPER" and the other person would have to give a kiss! If we passed a site, RV sales, campground, or a storage facility first with more than 10 RV's in site, the first to spot would yell "JACKPOT", and that meant that night it was the spotter's choice! (you know what I mean!) ... anyway, that's the story we told my mother-in-law.

Well, it drove her batty because we kissed so much! and after 2 or three "jackpots" followed by some sinister laughter between us, she eventually just quit the "Slug Bug" game. But we never quit. It's been more than 20 years and we still yell "camper" and do a kiss, even when driving. If we stop at a light or pull into a gas station we have to "settle up" all our kisses then.

Actually, the kisses expanded. Whenever we are caught at railroad crossings, we kiss. When in elevators together, we kiss. We expanded to escalators, and when going through automatic car washes.

To this day, we still drive my mother-in-law batty with our kissing. Unfortunately, my step father-in-law died several years ago. So now my mother-in-law gets even more grumpy when we "kiss". She's just a dang sour puss!

So, Mikendebbie, why not give your (significant other) a great big kiss for spotting the Montana!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote