Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2018, 06:22 AM   #1
rickw328

M.O.C. #21266
Furnance smells

I have a 2016 Montana 3440RL. I've wintered in it the last few years but recently I've noticed a horrible smell that waifs into the RV itself while the furnace is running. This is not the normal propane smell but something different. There is a blueish white exhaust coming from the furnace and we noticed a carbon build up in the exhaust itself. I took off the panel and cleaned out the carbon as much as possible with a vacuum, of course I turned it off until we can figure out the issue, and I put out calls to RV mobile tech (but so far no call backs and it's getting colder). Can anyone recommend anything to try or a good RV furnace video) I've watched all the basic ones). Since cleaning it out we still get the odor and blueish white smoke. We do have a CO2 detector and are not running the furnace at all (except to try and fix it). -- We have since topped off our propane tanks to make sure they're not low and the problem persists.
rickw328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furance, odor, smoke