Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2017, 07:41 AM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
My OBD Link and OBD Fusion will read all fault codes on ANY vehicle with an OSB connector and they all have them. You can set up different pages of gages for different vehicles. I gave a different set of pages set up for my 2015 F150 Ecoboost. It has turbo chargers that my V10 motor home doesn’t. It’s easy to change from one vehicle to another. Take the inch long puck out of one vehicle and plug it in another established a Bluetooth connection is all you need. Then you have gages, performance times, codes, logs. For 50 bucks or so hard to go wrong.
Lynwood

mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #22
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slufoot733 View Post
Well, the Ford garage called and guess what.......they couldn't find anything. Oil level is good, pressure is good, etc. The service writer said it might have been "water incursion" 😨. I asked "there's water in the oil?" No, it may have been water got into a connnection plug to one of the modules. They dried out the connectors and cleared the code so the check engine light is out. But if it happens again call right away.

Pretty much what I expected. I think I'll get a code reader so I can clear it myself, and install a real oil pressure gauge.
Keep in mind before you go to the trouble, that even though your new gauge says the oil pressure is fine, if the computer doesn't see it it will still quit.

Mark
Old 12-25-2017, 08:11 AM   #23
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
My OBD Link and OBD Fusion will read all fault codes on ANY vehicle with an OSB connector and they all have them. You can set up different pages of gages for different vehicles. I gave a different set of pages set up for my 2015 F150 Ecoboost. It has turbo chargers that my V10 motor home doesn’t. It’s easy to change from one vehicle to another. Take the inch long puck out of one vehicle and plug it in another established a Bluetooth connection is all you need. Then you have gages, performance times, codes, logs. For 50 bucks or so hard to go wrong.
Lynwood
Lynwood they will only read the codes related to the government mandated EPA equipment. On some models this only displays 2 or 3 lines.

There are 126 total data streams available if you purchase the product designed to read all the codes.

I cost me $400 for the software to make my Acrtron read all the Ford codes.

If I want all the code for my Duramax it will cost me an additional $400.

Or you can purchase the Snap-On reader for $6,000 and read all vehicles.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #24
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Question: The code readers, OBD scanners etc, are only as good as the connections between the senders and the actual senders themselves, correct?

If the oil pressure sender is bad or faulty then the OBD, dashboard, computer will all read bad.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 03:26 PM   #25
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

Only if the oil pressure system is part of the EPA systems. The late scanners like my Actron will display all of the computers and when you expand the stuff like transmission control all you see is the statement “OEM specific”.

Now with the new software I read all of the Ford computers and it is very helpful. I am managing a fleet that has 8 Fords 150 to 8000 series, 1 Silverado Duramax 1 Colorado, 1 M35 and 3 Toyotas and that’s only the trucks.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #26
Slufoot733
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9928
That sounds about right to me.
Slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote