Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #21
tholling5879

M.O.C. #24695
We purchased a 3761fl last year, lots of issues

For what it is worth. We purchased a 3761fl last year, we've had quite a few issues with the unit. Also, keystone only covers adjustments for 30 days, they denied fixing the slide that was out of adjustment for this reason. We've only used it on 3 vacations and on this one the slide in the kitchen, refrigerator side is dropping onto the floor when retracting. It has damaged the register and vinyl flooring.

tholling5879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #22
Lynn Buchanan

M.O.C. #12648
Send a message via MSN to Lynn Buchanan
I disagree. With the current pandemic we face and closures, I think it will be a buyers market as long as you don't place a custom order
Lynn Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:29 PM   #23
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholling5879 View Post
For what it is worth. We purchased a 3761fl last year, we've had quite a few issues with the unit. Also, keystone only covers adjustments for 30 days, they denied fixing the slide that was out of adjustment for this reason. We've only used it on 3 vacations and on this one the slide in the kitchen, refrigerator side is dropping onto the floor when retracting. It has damaged the register and vinyl flooring.
Buy "slide slickers". Place them on your floor where it rubs before retracting your slides.
OR make your own
Slide slickers.
https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-13499...lide+sl&sr=8-1
Make your own. Home depot, Lowe's, menards. $2 each.
https://www.menards.com/main/floorin...4445975391.htm
Cut it in half, cut off the curved part. Now you have two 4"x24".
Even if you do not now have issues with this I strongly recommend using these on BOTH slides to prevent it from happening to you. It's just a matter of time. One staple, nail or piece of grit and it will damage your floor.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:13 PM   #24
N1282X
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22428
If you are willing to drive a few hours, call Jim at tiara RV. They are just down the road from the factory and I have never seen anyone price lower than Jim. 5742662136
N1282X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:42 AM   #25
KJT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23367
Look back at news letter #193.
MOC member has or had a truck n legacy trailer package for sale. 2018 model
KJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:55 AM   #26
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
My thoughts, with the pandemic just getting a foot hold in the US.
Economic situation, Unemployment, Fear and Closures of State, Federal even Private Campgrounds.
The RV industry is going to be hit as bad or worse than 2008.
The issues FT people are facing is going to discourage lots of people for pursuing the lifestyle.
A buyers market is at hand and hopefully some changes for the good will come to the RV industry.
2017 F450 DRW KR 4x4
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:55 AM   #27
sberlin
Established Member

M.O.C. #22049
We bought our 2018 3701LK in May of 2018 at RV Outlets USA in Ringgold VA. We live in CA and shopped the web and found 4 places w the best price TX, MI, KY & VA. Choose VA as they had good reviews. List price was low $90’s and we got it for $58. Camped in VA for 3 wks to work out bugs and took it back couple times. They were wonderful in fixing anything and everything I asked. Now take it locally for any service with no hassles. FYI- no dealer in CA could come within $15 of our price so it was worth the trip.
sberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #28
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Don’t know how RV dealers work, but for auto/truck dealers the best 3 times to buy are last day or two of a month, last day or two of a quarter being better, and last day or two of year being best. Those dealers have monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales quotas they are trying to meet. Tuesday is the last day of this quarter. Might give them a try on Monday or Tuesday and see if they get better on price. But you would probably have to be ready to sign before that last day.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:01 PM   #29
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
We purchased our 2019 3791RD Legacy with Full Body Paint in Sept of 2019, however we purchased it used it had an MSRP of $110K, sold for in Dec of 2018 $86K I bought it for $58K and it still had a few months warranty left (Note: 1st ownership warranty is transferable to 2nd owner). Look at the loss the original owner took, and I purchased from a dealer so they made profit also.

With that said I had negotiated a new 2019 3791 (non Legacy) to $57K (delivered from South Dakota to Seattle, this was Sept 2019) but decided for same $$$ as the new the used had the legacy package and Full Body Paint (about $15K in options). Considering the dealer cost did not change much in the last year you should expect to easily buy a 2020 under 60K but not until Aug or Sept.

Ours was barely used by the previous owner in fact we cannot tell if it was even slept in. I will tell you this I would NEVER buy a new Montana ours just got out of jail, it sat at the dealer for 3.5 months waiting for warranty the hold up was not the dealer but it was Keystone slow to ship parts needed. Buy one that someone else dealt with the warranty delays...

I would buy 1 or 2 year old model where likely the warranty bugs have been worked out and most of the initial depreciation has been absorbed by the 1st owner. Yes new is nice but the value hit is huge.

Also after having the Legacy Package and FBP I would not own a non Legacy. Also the non Legacy's do not have Disc Brakes which is a game changer, Plan for about $3K to have those installed it is not a matter of If but when.

Good Luck

I also bought a beautiful 4 month old Montana Legacy. Yes MOST of the warranty transfers, except the roof 10 yr and the flooring. Which didn't change anything for me, just FYI. Got the info from Keystone personally.

Mark
Old 03-28-2020, 08:47 AM   #30
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Medical issues force the sale of our 2018.5 3791RD. Chattanooga, TN asking 54,900 OBO.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote