Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2024, 05:06 PM   #1
Recently retired

M.O.C. #31646
CO2 detector/multi function

I currently have a 2022 Montana. The CO2 alarm thingy is in the outside wall of my kitchen table slide. This stupid thing keeps going off for no reason. We have had things checked and no leaks, however if my husband happens to be having an alcoholic drink and is sitting too close to it, it goes off. If I use hairspray too close to it, yes it goes off. Sometimes for no reason like in the middle of the night.
Anyone having issues with this thing? Very annoying having to open a window, put fan on and wait for it to go green again. Any suggestions? I just want to rip it out of the wall.

Recently retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 05:36 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
You need to replace it. With all the outgassing of the materials these rigs are made with, the sensors in the CO detector have been contaminated causing it to be way to sensitive to hairspray and hubbies farts. Notice I said CO and not CO2. CO2 is part of what you exhale when you breathe and is not what the sensor looks for. CO is the dangerous part of what is produced by burning propane and other fuels, so that's why you have that device inside your rig. Replace it with the exact same model so it will fit the same as the old one. The new one should last much longer than two years, but normally should be replaced about every five years or so. Do not use hairspray near the detector as that will definitely kill it fast.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 06:09 AM   #3
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
If you mean the CO/Propane detector, we just replaced ours (5 year lifespan max) because it started beeping .

25-741-BL Safee-T-Alert Carbon Monoxidee Propanee Leak Detector https://a.co/d/itSAbyJ
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:16 AM   #4
Recently retired

M.O.C. #31646
Thank you. I will order a new one. This one says 2026 but like you said it’s probably contaminated.
Recently retired is offline   Reply With Quote