Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Pacific NW Fires

Had a text message conversation with "Sheepdog" yesterday . They live in Northeastern Washington . He is an LEO. He said that they were very busy with the smoke and fires. I think we should keep all our folks in the Pacific NW in our prayers.

HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Larry we need to keep all people in our western states in our prayers. They got a mess out there. We had smoke from the fires here in western Va earlier this summer.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We are currently staying in Oakhurst, CA, south of Yosemite. We are getting quite a bit of smoke filling the area from the Rough Fire, in the Sequoia & Kings Canyon Park area. That fire is currently at 50,000 acres, and still growing, and is only 7% contained. There are over 2,000 fire fighters fighting it, and the terrain is very dangerous. Anyone interested, this is the info link for this fire. http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4456
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Just got back home here in Tri-Cities WA from Phoenix. Could not even see the ground from up in the air always. Most of these fires are thre plus hours away from here. When we left on Thursday the air quaility had gotten quite a bit better and you could actually see the sun and blue sky. Today when the plane door opened it was just the smell of wood smoke and and haze. Maybe a visibility of around a mile or bit more depending on which direction your looking out the family room windows. Saw pictures from a coworker who is on the fire line up north of here. Nasty looking pictures that his wife shared but they were being fed well. I think he is on a Stryker Team that is being loaned to help out and has been gone from work a couple of weeks. Those guys and the rest of the others are doing the best they can against a lot of overgrown growth that is almost impossible to fight effectively.

Tom Marty
Old 08-24-2015, 02:56 AM   #5
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
We're in Denver, leaving for Ogden today. Smoke and haze has been so bad you seldom see the mountains at all even here. Looks like Wash. DC pollution thirty years ago, but not yellow.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:38 AM   #6
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I chased and fought those fires out west in the mountains for over 30 years and don't miss it at all. A lot of extremely hard work not only fighting the fires but having to climb through that country as well. It is a young mans job for sure! I pray for the firefighters safety each day along with the folks who live there!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:31 AM   #7
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
The smoke is starting to clear here in western Washington this morning which is great for us BUT bad for eastern Washington. Red flag conditions again for the eastern side with high winds and hot temps. We lost three firefighters last week and are praying that we don't lose anymore this fire season. We need our normal rain back soon.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:12 AM   #8
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Probably clearing in western washington because it decided to take a vacation in new mexico. Woke up yesterday and thought we had a morning of clouds being at 7000 ft level of santa fe. Turned out that a low system brought us the smoke from washington. Still hazy today and can't see jemez mountains from santa fe skys rv park...but can see airport today! Oh well, hope things get bettrr up there fast and doesn't repeat next year. John
Old 08-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #9
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
Last two days in Boise, Idaho we have had air quality alerts due to all of the smoke. Today it has cleared alittle bit but still not great. I have to go to northern Idaho tomorrow for work and will be driving through the areas near where the fires are burning. Should be fun!! Hope the Montana doesnt smell like smoke for the night.
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #10
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Gotta love the brave Firfighters out there doing crazy hot dangerous work,and we Appreciate it very much,they saved my Sisters Ranch a couple of years ago in CleElum
Old 08-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I was getting coffee last weeks at Dutch Bro's. Had fighters from Hawaii in parking lot! . I said guys, that's one hell of a long drive. They laughed and I thanked them for coming to Redding. I Bought a crews worth of coffee, found out the owner was buying drinks for them as well. I said let this small donation offset your cost. We have lost two men in our Trinity and Humbolt fires and others in last two years. These are brave men and women who deserve words of encouragement! Please thank them
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote