Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2004, 01:23 AM   #21
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
L tend to agree with Countryguy. This topic should generate a lot of interest next week at the rally.

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:42 AM   #22
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Perhaps 2 rallies, one east and one west? I know there are many of us who cannot get more than a weekend and having to travel very far leaves us out for many years.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 09:38 AM   #23
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Just an idea here to ponder:

Maybe the time has come to start organizing "area chapters" of the MOC? Then, each chapter could organize and hold get-togethers.

There could be conflicts with the area chapter get-togethers with the National Rally Meeting if the National Rally wasn't announced at the least one year ahead of time.

Maybe the National Rally should be every other year? That would give MOC admin time to catch their breath in-between National Rally dates and give the "area chapters" the freedom to organize their events and not worry conflicting with the National Rally date.

Another thought: Area chapters could "apply" to host the National Rally in their area. Then they would be the ones to organize it. Who better to know if a site would be good for a National Rally than the people who live near it and have been there before. Maybe a requirement would be that the area chapter must have had at least one "get-together" there before applying for the right to host the National Rally.

I better be quiet now. I have all sorts of ideas that would go along with this line of suggestions and could be here all day!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #24
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Now with all the members it maybe time to start thinking of setting up Chapters and Regions.Than we could have regional rallies making it easer for members to attend. Just a thought.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:46 PM   #25
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
DandMontheroad has a great idea with the chapters orginizing the rallys. At this years rally,maybe we should discuss starting chapters and setting regional boundries? We will have all week to come up with different ideas.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:46 PM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sounds like some very good ideas to be discussed in planning for next year. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:20 PM   #27
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I agree. Now is the time to set up and implement a five year plan. Without a long term plan we will always be trying to play catch up. A special meeting should be set up to hash out some of these future ideas with most of the leaders at this rally. Keep us posted. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 01:48 PM   #28
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I was very sad to see that the potential sites for the 2005 Rally were decided upon at the 2004 Rally and not here at the Forum where ALL members would have a chance to put in ideas for locations before the entire MOC membership votes on the winning location.

According to the Rally newsletter of 9/27, those five locations are:
-Colorado, the Colorado Springs area
-Tennessee, the Pigeon Forge area
-Missouri, the Branson area
-Wisconsin, the Dells area
-Indiana, Goshen area

Old 09-27-2004, 02:10 PM   #29
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
These appear to be suggestions. As long as We can vote here to decide is all that matters.

I for one would like to see it in Goshen again since we didn't get there this time. I would like to see the factory and the other mfg's that are near. This would kinda make it a pilgrimage back to where it all began.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:18 PM   #30
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
NJ Hillbilly.... I hope you are right. The newsletter says that those five locations are what we have to choose from. I was hoping that we'd all be able to have a voice in the picking of the the potential sites before we have the final vote for the winning site.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #31
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
The discusion at the rally was to possibly go back to the same area every two or three years,there was some questions as to who was going to vote on the location of the next rally an dsome felt that just the ones that were at the first rally should pick the site of the next rally. I think that every member should have the oppertunity to vote on one of the locations discused at the first rally but that is just my two cents worth, I'am sure that a reasonable location will be picked for the next rally and it will be just as good.
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:00 PM   #32
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We are sorry that many of you were unable to make this year's rally. A number of things were discussed on Sunday morning regarding the next rally. Many people were concerned for those that couldn't be there. Regardless of how it gets done, someone isn't going to be happy. We need to start making decisions now for next year or we'll be too late to get in where the members decide. It was decided by a show of hands that the majority (overwhelming) wanted the rally to remain the third week of September. It was also suggested that we find someplace centrally located and come back at least every third year to Goshen, since many people are interested in the factory tour. (By the way, you don't need to wait for a rally to go on a tour. The folks at Montana were great and are excited to show off their products.) There are many MOC members from California and Texas. It was felt that we may get more of them if it is held out west. We had (might be off a couple) 64 rigs from 26 states and also a good representation from our friends up in Canada. We only had three no-shows/no-call. One of the concerns that the group had this year is to make sure that the MOC members that made it to this year's rally will also be able to make it to the next rally so that we can continue the friendships established this year. I am sure that next year's will be much larger and that many more of you will be able to attend. Watch for the 2005 rally voting, coming soon. Also, DBLSlide and SouthStl did a great job of making sure this year's rally was a success. As Steve said at the Rally, if everyone pitches in and helps, this can really be great. Many have already volunteered to help get next year's rally going. Hope to see you in 2005.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:45 PM   #33
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Does anybody recall that this rally was just the FIRST rally?We think that those who attended this FIRST rally should be asked to set up the NEXT rally for those of us who did not/could not attend. These are MOC friends who were there and took notes, participated, learned the ropes, and are enthused about the NEXT rally. How about the rest of us go along with what they have decided for NEXT rally, then we can all attend and GET INVOLVED, TOO! We vote for the founding rally members to do the best for ALL of us!
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:58 AM   #34
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I am casting the same vote as you did #29 fans. Thanks for speaking up.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:01 AM   #35
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by #29 fans

Does anybody recall that this rally was just the FIRST rally?We think that those who attended this FIRST rally should be asked to set up the NEXT rally for those of us who did not/could not attend. These are MOC friends who were there and took notes, participated, learned the ropes, and are enthused about the NEXT rally. How about the rest of us go along with what they have decided for NEXT rally, then we can all attend and GET INVOLVED, TOO! We vote for the founding rally members to do the best for ALL of us!
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
At the meeting where we discussed the dates and places for the 2005 rally I was and I still am very adamant that the decision for 2005 should be left up the ALL the MOC members that will be attending and not just the "founding rally members" of 2004. The "founding rally members" have made 5 suggestions, I repeat, suggestions for the place and dates. None of which are written in stone. The places/areas suggested are Pigeon Forge Tenn, Branson Missouri, Wisconsin Dells, Colorado and Goshen Indiana. The suggested date is the 3rd week in September.
If anyone of the members have other suggestions I feel we should at least hear them but...
It is of the utmost importance that the decision on "where and when" should be finalized by October 30th. This is to give the Wagonmaster time to set up the necessary committees and get the ball rolling.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 05:06 PM   #36
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Well said Glenn. I agree. sure sorry we had to cancel this year.

Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:59 PM   #37
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Uh, I guess no one wants to rally in Florida during hurricane season. Too bad, the rates are really low during the "season".

Some random thoughts:

I hope that when the location is decided, I can attend. I don't think for us working stiffs that anywhere too far from home, i.e.. the West vs the East is going to be likely, but we will catch one eventually.

I believe this is why so many RV Clubs or such have chapters in their local areas. I like the idea of a rally every couple or three years instead of every year or a rally every year and you can make it or you cannot. I like the idea of Goshen, because it keeps us in touch with Keystone.

Maybe the rally could switch from year to year. N West, S West, N East, S East. Maybe we could cast a internet vote on one of the above locations and the most votes wins. It seems to me the one with most votes would be the location where the most could attend. After we have voted on the geographic location the Monty members in that area could start scouting and planning our ultimate destination and accommodations.

If your area gets the vote than you have to step up to the plate and give us a warm howdy and welcome. (cook us dinner, wash our rigs, bring us the paper, anything to help us recover from the long journey)

Just some random thoughts.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:44 AM   #38
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
fla native,
I live in Florida too. Why can't we have a regional get together. We dont need to call it a ralley or we can. I have 30 acres just out side of Chiefland Florida in a town called Old Town just off Hwy 349. It's not close to any attractions per say but it is close to several big springs, the Sewanee River is about 1.5 miles down our front road, there are flea markets, Gainsville is about 50 miles east and Tallahassee is an hour north. We have water, electric, a dump station and a men's and women's bathroom. The land is flat, high, and dry, we raise hay on it. The entry road is good and there is lots of fire wood. We have had as many as 75 people camped over a weekend with out even making a dent in available space. The one draw back is we currently only have power for about 10 rigs running air conditioning but we have water for as many that need it. We will soon have between 5 to 10 picnic tables and there is a big fire ring.

So why not have a local or regional get together and it could be over weekend or during the week. We do have some restrictions as to when we can camp do to the hay growing and its heigth during its growing season, but for the most part it is available.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:28 AM   #39
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Jeff,

I have been wanting to come to Chiefland after reading up on it. I guess it is one of few places you can go to really do astronomy work. No city lights and flat terrain. I know there is a place over there that will let you use their large telescopes. Always been interested in doing that.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:02 PM   #40
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Jeff,

Sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm going to have to settle a few things here before I can head out for any great pleasure trips, but I hope I can be a part of your "hayfield".

LadyRam developed a problem this week. Seems like my transmission wants to fight with my brake. She keeps wanting to bump forward at stoplights when the brake is engaged. Taking her in Thurs for diagnosis. Of course there's always the leaks with Miss Montana that I'm spending time on too.

Your place sounds great. I know the area. It sounds like you have the makings of your own private campground. I think it was Old Town I stopped in a few years back and their is an old, very old drug store, with much to see. If it was not Old Town it was Perry. Stopped into a cafe in Chiefland on the "main drag" and had a very down home tasty lunch. I used to take that route when I went from Sarasota to Destin.

Tom,

You are right about the no lights and flat terrain. I did not realize you were an astronomy buff. Jeff's place sound like it's dark and very quiet at night. One of the few places left in FL. My kind of place.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote