Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
WHOOEEEEE! Rain finally

Finally after two weeks of warm very dry weather here in Hardeeville we are gettin a regular "Toad Choker". So instead of talcum powder like dust we will have a thin sticky mud. Better mud than that damn dust. Other than the dry weather it has been gorgeous. We hope to see another few days of rain in the first part of next week but after that it should clear up for awhile. A little rain is great but last winter it rained here from Dec thru May and was pretty darned cold for all of it... Dave P.S. it sure beats the heck out of any of that white stuff though....

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
It the weather continues in Northern Ca as it has for the past couple of weeks, we will have a very cold and wet winter here. So for we had three time as much rain as last year and several nights of record setting low temps. We are looking forward to Quartzsite in January. Be careful Dave of how much rain you hope for.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is rainig pitchforks here near Disney. The sand is turning to quick sand and the Ford is sinking..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Here in Joplin Missouri,almost had to get the pontoons on Tana, 2 inches of standing water on the concrete pad 2 nights ago, and rest of campsite under water, pity Al in the AM breaking camp, oh, and it will be a toasty 25 or so, but, that thin skin of ice won't hold him, he'll be standing in ice cold water.

On the road again, ta da da, on the road again

Next stop, OK city area, hope it is a little warmer??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
We returned home a few weeks ago to the Tampa area and it has been dry here since...however, today we finally got a bit of rain. Not a lot, but it was needed.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dave and Rich-- I'll send you some of our temps so you can start an ice rink! Actually it is suppose to get up into the 50's tomarrow and I think I'll go out and pick up the rest of the leaves since the trees like to drop them AFTER we rake them up. I'll do it the easy way this time and start up the mower and then drop them on the garden to till under next spring.
Carol and Al-- YOu should have stopped by on your way by. We could have found you a campground and you could have had Thanksgiving with us!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Darn! It dropped down to 40 last night - about 60 today, and right now about 45 but it's supposed to go to 80 by Monday. Ah! Texas! If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Darn! It dropped down to 40 last night - about 60 today, and right now about 45 but it's supposed to go to 80 by Monday. Ah! Texas! If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.
I'll have to agree with ya on Texas weather. We are 80 miles sw of San Antonio, in Uvalde, and we get a kick out of the locals here. The weather man was predicting a "hard freeze" last night and that is all I heard, didn't hear a temp, so I go out and prepare for a "hard freeze". I listen to the 10pm news and they are predicting 28 degrees for 3 to 4 hours. Boy did I do a lot of work for nothing. Heck, the water won't even skim over in the hose at those temps. Oh well, just more work to tear down when we move on in 4 weeks.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote