Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Latest info on graphics

I talked to Keystone customer service Wednesday about the graphics.

I was told that graphics were no longer available for our trailer. I stated that they would have been available in 2008 when I requested a replacement for our front nose graphic but was turned down at that time. I was told "we can't give you something we don't have."

OK, I understand. We've given up on the idea of trying to keep our current trailer nice at this point. Just can't do it when the manufacturer doesn't support their products.

I asked about changes to graphics on new models and stated we were afraid to buy a new Montana unless we can be assured the graphics problem is resolved. We don't want to invest $50 - $60K for a new trailer that will have bad graphics peeling in 2 - 3 years. I was told there have been changes to graphics over the past few years but couldn't give me any details. Couldn't confirm that Burlington is still the supplier or that they are using different material.

I asked if they were going to offer a longer warranty on graphics for new trailers. I was told that the graphics are covered by Keystones 1 year warranty and anything past that would only be considered on a case by case basis.

I'm tickled pink for all of you who have received replacement graphics from Keystone but I just can't get anything out of them that gives me any degree of confidence. For now we're looking at several SOB's. Best of luck to you all.

stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
You can get them from Burlington Graphics. They made them for my 2001 and they have made them for others.
Go to their website and you can pick them and order them.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Someone from Keystone needs to clarify what is going on with regards to the graphics warranty. I know I was told it was three years with labor by a Keystone representative. Before trading we received a replacement set of one side scene for the 2007 3400RL at no charge from Burlington. I am confused (but that is nothing new according to DW!!)
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Bingo,
I just bought a 2008 Big Sky and the front decal is starting to peel on the edge. I called Burlington and they told me they only have a one year warranty but I could order it and pay.
Maybe Keystone is warranting them for the new units but Burlington said they were not.
Things may have changed since I heard Keystone is not using Burlington now. I do not know but they give some and charge others, just what mood you catch them in that day I guess.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Steve if all else fails you might take a look at this site for your graphics. Graphics
Joe

On Edit: I know a complete set of graphics are very costly. But they do appear to be available from Burlington Graphics. If the replacement graphics are the same quality as the newer units, the graphics are probably better.
Another option would be to check out what painted graphics would cost. Another MOC member had his graphics done in AZ and they were great looking. I wished I could remember his name. I think they were done in Apache Jct. AZ.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by awaywego

Things may have changed since I heard Keystone is not using Burlington now. I do not know but they give some and charge others, just what mood you catch them in that day I guess.
One would certainly wonder about that since last fall Oct09 I inquired about the peeling of Montana on the front of our 2007 3400. Was told by Burlington that they normally covered the decals for up to three years from the manufactured date. Mine was exactly one month over the 3 year period and they said they would make an exception in this case and they did. They shipped our replacement to us in Canada no charge!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Try: www.dontdriveugly.com
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
I was told when we bought ours (I had asked about the graphics issues) that there now was a three year warranty on the graphics. I have a listing from Keystone regarding the new features for the 2011's that states that there is a 3 year warranty on the graphics.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:17 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
What listing shows this three year warranty? Does it state that it includes labor? I have e-mailed Keystone to see what they have to say, perhaps if we all flooded them with e-mails, we could get some clarification??
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #10
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
I apparently don't have it on my computer here at home. I have it on my laptop at work. I'll post it on Monday
drknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I emailed Keystone awhile back about some peeling starting on the decals below the bedroom emergency egress window on the door side. No response at all. Disappointing.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote