Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Art
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5316
Extended Warranty Reimbursement?

Have any of the members had any experience or dealings with a company called "Pro Guard International?" They underwrite(???) extended warranty service when I purchased my fiver in 2002. The warranty company is STAR RV and, SUPPOSEDLY, this Pro Guard company stated that if no claims were leveled on the extended warranty...they would refund the money. Yea, I know ... "a sucker born every minute..."! Now, I am trying to find out if the company upholds its statements.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I think they do refund a portion of the premiums, Art. Star RV I think is the ext warranty company that Richfaa uses. He should be by shortly...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I don't have Star. We have RV shield. They are very similar. RV shield does have a provision that says if you don't use it they will refund the entire amount of the premium. In our case we have used it to the tune of @1300.00 so we won't be getting anything back. Read your contract and see what you have to do for the refund.

If I am not mistaken Pro guard international is a Insurance broker that sells many different Extended Waranties( service contracts) and he actual service cotract is 'Star" Look at your contract and call the "contract administrator" listed.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote