Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
dmacy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8921
Dimplex Fireplace

I took delivery of my new 3665 last fall. I went on one trip before storage but discovered that the Fireplace would only heat for about a minute before shutting off. The overheat relay would shut it down. I talked to my dealer and they gave me a replacement fireplace without any problems. I installed the new one yesterday and the new one has the same problem. I called Dimplex and they told me that they have a problem with the model I have and they have a retro fit kit that will supply more air to the unit and fix the problem. I will have to supply a serial number. Before they will ship it to me. I will do that after I get back from a trip I am leaving on tomorrow. The model number is BF8000ST. If any one has a 2009 Montana with this furnace they probably will have the same problem. All the new Fireplaces have the kit in them and don't have the problem.

dmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:57 AM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have a 2008 and out Dimplex had a similar problem. They sent us an entire new heating element and fan assembly. The first one they sent was damaged in shipping (UPS squashed the box) all the porcelain fittings were broken. They sent out another and when the UPS guy got there I opened the box while he was there. It was good. I was able to salvage the fan from the broken unit so now I have an extra fan. I think the original problem was that the fan motors on the old units was very weak. I took mine out twice to clean dust off off of it and it was still slow to turn up. The new fans turn up to speed much faster and maintain it better. It does put out a lot more air... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
jsnip42
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #179
I had the same problem in my 09 model. It would heat fine for a couple of minutes then cut off. I called Dimplex and they sent me a new assembly (fan and heating element). After it arrived they sent out a tech to install it. So far so good. I was well pleased with the service I got with the company. Wish they were all that way.
jsnip42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Same problem here. In fact, I dropped it off today to have it (and about 7 other things) fixed after a week long extended shakedown trip on the new rig.

Thanks for posting. Now I know if the dealer can't duplicate the issue I'll have some info to give them.
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #5
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Butch, Saw your 3400 at Hawley's yesterday when I was there doing the PDI on my 3585SA with the Tech. I'm going out and turn the fireplace on is a few minutes and see how it works. Had it on for a while at Hawley's and it worked fine there. Tim
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:07 AM   #6
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Hey Tim - sorry we didn't cross paths. I was there for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday. Make sure you leave it on long enough to reach the set temperature. Then increase the rheostat (clockwise) and see if the unit kicks back on.

Mine was on a while when I first brought it home and seemed to work OK. Wasn't until the second trip out that it seemed to not be working correctly.

Take care,

Butch
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
bjj5633
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9546
Same problem with mine, the tech called dimplex and they told him it wasn,t getting enough air and they will send a new fan and new bottom face plate for more air.
bjj5633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Dimplex sent me the new bottom plate. I replaced the old one with the new and so far so good. 15 Minute job.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #9
RonT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9360
Same problem with 2010. Dealer was told to order new fireplace. Still waiting for it to come in
RonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 AM   #10
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
We have the 09 3400RL (built mid 08) and have used our fireplace a number times in for long perods of time with no problems. I'll have to check the model and serial number to see where we fit in. Darn quality control again!! Doesn't the manufacture put these through an extensive test for out put, element cooling, and air circulation?? Just having a hard time accepting low quality appliances like this. Leaves a higher potential for fires and safety concerns, which then will translate into higher insurance premiums for the RV owner. Ellis
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote