Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #21
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Great post Myrna!!!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:42 AM   #22
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
I use one of those battery fillers at work every month. All of our man lifts, golf carts and fork trucks are battery powered. I end up putting about 2-3 gallons of distilled water in them each month using the battery filler like posted above. I highly recommend getting one. It has already been said before but I am going to say it again anyway, ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES!
Also something to keep in mind is to never place anything metal across the top of the battery. If it would contact both the positive (+) and the negative (-) posts on the battery bad things WILL happen. Also the same thing with the positive (+) side to anything metal on the camper will have the same effect.
Now after saying that it may seem very dangerous but it really is not. 12V power wont jump out and get you. It just deserves some respect. If you want to be really safe you can cover the positive (+) side with a latex rubber glove or something similar to that but I do not think it would be necessary. Just safer.
mopar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #23
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
One of my employees was welding near the battery on our construction trailer and KABOOM! A spark must have hit the battery and it exploded. Any spark or flame near the battery could ignite the gasses. So I would suggest you don't smoke while working on the battery, or for that matter don't smoke at all, ever. .02

blamb - It sounds like you may have an "iron deficiency" :>)
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote