Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
And the Greenbacks were flowing!

We visited family in the Napa Valley area several weeks ago. Our daughter and son in law love to go wine tasting so we usually do that when we are there. However, we had never gone on a weekend before. It did not appear that the economy is bad in this area. Wine tasting is not free in the Napa area. We visited 4 wineries and price range was $10-$20 per person. At several you got to keep the glass! All 4 were packed, really packed and the traffic was pretty bad also. We did notice that most of the tasters were under 50, maybe even 40. It was fun though even though it was hot.
Happy trails............................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Did you figure how many gallons of wine to the mile? It may be cheaper to drink wine than buy gas.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We visited a winery while at the Gettysburgh, PA Rally. The normal charge was 15.00 but we got it at the group rate of 10.00 per person and did get to keep a 3.75 glass. Helen and I do visit a lot of wineries across the country, never in Calif yet, and this is the first time we had to pay a tasting fee. The wine was very good, so says Helen as I will drink anything. They were not crowded at all. We have yet to do our Lake Erie winery tour this year abd we will note the difference in crowds at the lake Erie resorts.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Both my sons are wine makers and my older son Joe says he would rather but a small fee to taste than feel obligated to buy some wine he doesn't really like.

I find here in California that in the more popular, well known regions that the trend is to charge for tasting but that in the out lying areas tasting is still free.

I somewhat agree with my son Joe but I already have way too many wine glasses and it is nice to get a "freebe"
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I am so ticked... I just typed a long response to this post and when I went to hit the submit, it dissapeared.... This has happened so many times and I am very frustrated. Where did it fly to???
Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
helen, can you tell me more about exactly what happened and how? Email me. Sometimes if I'm having trouble, before I hit submit I'll click in my text, do ctrl-a to highlight it all, then ctrl-c to copy it. That way I can start again and just ctrl-v to paste it all into a post.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote