Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #1
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Tires

Came tripping through New Mexico into West Texas this week, stopped in at Tire Country in Farwell, Tx and met Lonnie B. A nice fellow,and the shop is as clean as mentioned before, the staff is friendly. Naturally we got around to talking tires, well, after much arm twisting, and a wrestling match in the street out front(just kidding), he agreed to put new tires on the trailer. He replaced the China tires-Maypop-Tare-Rip Ravel- and Comeapart at the seam, with new Bridgestones.. Also showed me a little way to really see the the way the tires differ. The guys in the shop were there to take care of the customer as is Lonnie. Had a great visit with Lonnie as his time would allow. He knows his tires. Good doing business with Lonnie. The next leg of the trip was much better, with having confidence that I had good tires under the Monty.

ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We got the Bridgestones also(but not from Lonnie) and we are very pleased with the difference in the ride. Maybe it is that they are also balanced. Maybe next time Lonnie, we will be your way. It is nice to know who you are dealing with and can trust.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Thanks for the flowers Butch (ole codger....I mean ole dude). The doc says I can take my arm out of the sling next week, as long as I don't wrestle any more tough guys for a few days .

We always enjoy meeting new people, especially MOC members, but when that Freightliner pulled in with the Harley on the rear deck, pulling that Montana, you'd have thought it was Christmas from the oohs and aahs coming from the mouths of my crew. They, and I, had a great time visiting with you. Thank you for taking the time on your journey home, to stop by our little place and say hi.

Imp, you got some good tires there, and I feel you will be pleased with them for a long time. Anytime your out our way, stop in and see us. We don't just sell tires, we like to drink coffee and visit too .

LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote