Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Fantastic Fans

We're working on our "order form" for our Fifth Wheel. We notice it comes with a Fantastic Fan in the kitchen with options of up to 3 more. Do any of you have more than one Fantastic Fan and if so where is it/are they located and are you truly glad you have more than one? If you don't, do you wish you had gotten additional Fantastic Fans? Thanks, once again, for your input. Sue C

Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
We got one in the bedroom since it wasn't wired for an AC. We like it very much, and would reccomend it.
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sue -

You might check to see if the Fantastic Fan is actually standard equipment. I believe any of the fans on our order were options, and you had to specify where they went.

I would definately get one for the kitchen as a minimum. Our kitchen vent is so high off the floor, I couldn't have reached it without a pole had I not ordered the Fantastic Fan with the controls on the wall.

We also had a new one in the box at home that I just installed in the water closet (toilet) to get rid of that tinny sounding fan that is standard. If I didn't have one at home, I would have also ordered one for that vent.

We have the 2nd AC, so I don't need one for the front vent, but the bathroom install went so well, I may put another in the hall by the shower.

I'm a fantastic fan "fan" you might say. I love the rain sensor as well as the quiet operation. We leave them running when we go out and I know they will close if they need to.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
We have 2, 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the bedroom hallway. When taking a shower we open the vent in the bath room and turn on the unit in the hallway and it sucks the moisture out when taking a shower.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We have one in the kitchen and one in the bath. We like the fans they draw out unwanted moisture nicely.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
After market purchase for us. We installed one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Plan to install one more in the bathroom, eventually. Wouldn't be without them.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Orv,

I ended up buying mine on Ebay - new. Saved some bucks and was an honest sale. I also was able to get it with the smoke colored double layer insulated vent lid (like the skylight). Don't know yet if it helps with insulation, but it sure is a sturdy lid.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We have a Fantastic in the kitchen and the bathroom and I wouldn't want to be without either.
When ordering your new rig along with the Fantaastic Vents I would also have the dealer install the MaxxAir Fan/Vent covers. This way you can have the vaents operating even on those humid rainy days. The Fan/Vent covers are made for the Fantastic vents as the regular vent covers will severly restrict the flow of the Fantastic.
I would also suggest the MaxxAir regular vent covers for any other vent.
The covers are dealer items and not an option from Montana but if you get them installed at time of sale the cost can be added into the total finance package. This would include any other accessory you may be considering.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #9
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Thanks to all, that certainly answers that question. If we get the Big Sky a Fantastic Fan is standard in the Kitchen (or is one of the mandatory options. . . I still can't quite get my brain around the idea of something being an option but yet it's mandatory. If something is an option, isn't that supposed to mean it's optional which item you choose???) Then you have an additional option (real option) of adding up to 3 additional Fantastic Fans--bath, bedroom, toilet closet. We thought at least one additional one for the bed/bath/wc would be good for humidity purposes, but didn't want to go overboard. Thanks, again. Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I have one in my kitchen...but have hardly used it. I think it is too noisy and have hardly used it. I would like to have one in the bathroom to help with the black water tank odor in the hot summer days. I am like Glenn you have to have the covers...they are great!
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I would not put a FF in the bedroom. This will take away the option of putting a future 2nd a/c in. I wish I would have ordered a 2nd FF in the stairway vent next to the shower. The 12volt fan in the water closet did a good job, now that Steve R. installed the muffin fan it works even better and is nearly silent.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #12
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have two fantastic fans and two A/C's also. They are a great option. We have the rain sensor on both and we didn't use the Maxxair covers this time. The Maxxairs we have wouldn't let them completely open, so we didn't install them. We do have a cover over the bathroom fan. I wouldn't order without at least one for sure. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:15 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

We have two fantastic fans and two A/C's also. They are a great option. We have the rain sensor on both and we didn't use the Maxxair covers this time. The Maxxairs we have wouldn't let them completely open, so we didn't install them. We do have a cover over the bathroom fan. I wouldn't order without at least one for sure. GBY....
That's the point of the MaxxAir Fan/Mate cover. It does allow the Fantastic Vent to fully open and, as it is no longer necessary, the Auto Rain sensor can be turned off. With the Fan/Mate cover there is no need to not have the fan running on those rainy days. Also makes a huge difference on those warm mornings when there is any dew in the air.
The new Fantastic Vent in our 3485 is not as nearly as noisy as the one we had in the 2955 and works much better than the tiny old bathroom fan. As I stated previously, "I wouldn't want to be without either" the Fantastic Vents or the MaxxAir Fan/Mate covers. And yes we also opted for the 2nd AC in the bedroom.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #14
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Glenn I guess we have the old type Maxxair vents our Fantastic Fans will not fully open, however we have had the Maxxair on the Everest 343L and they wouldn't allow them to open fully on the Everest. Will have to take some measure next time we are in CW. I agree with them being open on rainy days. I still have the Maxxairs we purchased, just using one of the three... Thanks...GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:45 AM   #15
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
We have one in the living room and one in the WC (toilet area).
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #16
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

I would not put a FF in the bedroom. This will take away the option of putting a future 2nd a/c in. I wish I would have ordered a 2nd FF in the stairway vent next to the shower. The 12volt fan in the water closet did a good job, now that Steve R. installed the muffin fan it works even better and is nearly silent.
Just like Dave said, I got the second A/C and had an extra Fantastic Fan in the hallway between the shower and toliet. Really sucks out the humidity from the shower like FAST!
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #17
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We have a fantastic fan in the living area and in the bedroom. Our Montana was previously enjoyed and it came that way - one set to draw air out and one to draw air in keeps the fresh air moving great.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #18
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
If you do decide on one or two more Fantastic Fans, make sure you get them with the wall mounted thermostatic controller installed as well. No need to be reeching up with some big stick or getting out a step stool whenever you want to open it and turn it on or off. The Dealer may say he "can't do it" but he can...just a bit of extra work. Insist on it.

Also recommend the MaxxAir covers. Make sure they get the right size so as to allow the fan vent to open fully.

I have a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom....really think a small electronics fan would have been a better way to go...but it does allow daylight in.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 AM   #19
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
We have only one FF high in the living room with wall mounted controls. Despite the rain sensor I put a MaxxAir vent over it so I can run it during rainy weather. I plan on another FF in the hall next to the shower. Since I have a MaxxAir vent there also, I will opt for the cheaper model FF with manual controls and no rain sensor.

Are all these vents already wired to install fans?

Gene
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:43 AM   #20
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Gene,

Only the bathroom vent has 12v available (used for factory fan). You have to pull wire to the rest.