Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours is also only 4 months old but has performed flawlessly and it gets used very frequently. As someone else said, the gas oven gets used for storing bread, etc., although Vicki did use it to cook the Thanksgiving turkey as it was too large for the Apollo. Hopefully ours will be one of the good ones.

As for the moisture, as other said -- the Dry button. Sometimes we just leave the Apollo's door open until it dries instead of using the Dry button.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:12 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Campbud..The nice lady at Apollo says not to worry they can fix it and it will be as good as new.They are sending the parts and have arranged for a repair facility to come out to our site and repair it. I called the repair facility and they said they had received the paperwork from Apollo for the repair but had never heard of a Apollo 1/2 time oven. We will see but at the same time are looking for a replacement
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #23
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Rich, you will have to let us know how it goes...repair facility never heard of 1/2 time oven?? Let's hope they know what they are doing.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
No..They knew about 1/2 time ovens...they had never heard of the Apollo brand.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:06 AM   #25
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Same with me. The repair guy was from Sears, and didn't know anything about the Apollo, either. I think Apollo would be time and money ahead to just swap out the units and fix them at their facility.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:41 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I did a google search on "half time oven" and came up with quite a few hits. I'm still looking at the first one and haven't checked out the others but find it interesting it is offered by discovery.com . No mention of brand but they sell it in black, white, and stainless steel. Lots of interesting info at this site, including a pdf version of the manual and descriptions of how it works, etc.

http://halftimeoven.discovery.com

Also, I've wondered how it accomplishes the half time. The following is from one of the discovery channel sites about this oven:

Three Ovens in One

Only the Half Time Oven offers absolute versatility like this:

1. Microwave mode, for speedy reheating

2. Convection mode, for baking, browning and broiling

3. Half Time mode, which uses both microwaves and convection heat simultaneously, to cook mouth-watering dishes in half the time.

Last, I see 31 of them for sale on eBay. The two I checked are new ones being sold by Discovery Channel.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:11 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve..good site..looks a lot like the Apollo doesn't it???
Old 12-25-2006, 06:19 AM   #28
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Good find Steve. I tried this search last summer and didn't get anything. Has anyone ever purchased from Discovery.com. I sure would like to know who the manufacturer is, doesn't say anywhere that I can find.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:36 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Google Apollo 1/2 time oven and I think you will find the the Apollo and the one on discovery.com are one and the same.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #30
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
You win the prize Rich. It is an Apollo. I downloaded the manual and on the last page for the warranty, it says Apollo of Alabama. Too bad, I thought Steve had something. And so the search continues. If ours gives out, we may go with a convection/micro combination.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #31
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The grand prize goes to the person who finds a quality 1/2 time oven that will fit in our space.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:11 AM   #32
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
We get the moisture, but just leave the door open.

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:48 AM   #33
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
I have had mine for 8 months and it has been replaced twice now. The first time because it would not turn. They replaced it under warranty but the one they replaced with didn't work very well. They have had service out to try and repair it 3 times and still not 100%. It works fine except it sounds like a freight train when being used. I'm not happy with ours.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:56 AM   #34
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our Apollo saga continues. We received the parts today.. The good news , received . The Magnetron and the printed ckt board..which is about everything inside the unit..the bad news..we did not receive all the broken parts. That plastic insert that goes around the door was broken and it was not in the package. Repair guys are due at our site Thursday morning...Perhaps these guys can suggest a suitable replacement.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #35
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Rich,

When ours stopped working we had a problem with the seal as well as the oven coming on. Our dealer was in touch with Keystone and they replaced the entire oven. This second oven has been used a few times and we haven't had problems with it so far. Here's hoping that you get one that works. Our second one was manufactured after the April date.

For those that have the moisture build up when using the oven. There is a button that you push and it will dry out the oven. I believe it says AUTO DRY.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:53 AM   #36
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Talked to a service manager about Apollo. He said that he has replaced a few in the past but he replaces more units of other brands than the Apoll and he thought it actually was a pretty good unit. We use the heck out of ours and it works great. We have the convection, half bake, microwave unit. Wife loves it...
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote