Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
Hunchback

M.O.C. #10318
Swing arm sewer dump

I just acquired a 3455Sa which has this new tube configuration for the sewer outlet. This has to be another invention by someone who has never had to dump tanks. Has anyone changed or removed this tube. If so, what did you do for sewer hose storage. That canister only holds 10 ft of hose and 50% of the time you need 2 sections.

Hunchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I have removed the boom as I do not like it. I cannot use the extra valve I have to close off the line to keep from having splashback when opening the cap.
I also installed an extra sewer door just above the outlet, but as a precaution or warning, don't cut too high. There is a floor to the slide about 6/8 inches down from the seam. This extra door is where I store all the hose and joints and ends.
This topic was brought up before and one member made his longer and some members like the boom. To each their own!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:31 AM   #3
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
2010 3400 here. I'm in the process of removing the boom even now. I plan on putting a couple of PVC tubes under the coach. Whoever designed that boom is the same guy who decides to put a stop sign right on the edge of a tight corner leaving the campground.
Jerry
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
I love mine. I removed the shorter tube and installed a longer piece that I got from Camping World. I cut it just long enough to fit my Rhino hose. The newer Rhino hoses have a translucent elbow that works OK.

Several parks I have been to all I have had to do is swing the arm and connect to the sewer with very little hose to pull out. Most of the time I don't have to use any extra hose support. What I like is that the hose is attached and stored in the same tube. The only thing I have to do is attach the elbow. I find it very convenient.

KTManiac did the same mod I did, however he used the whole tube and supported it at the end. By cutting mine, I didn't have to support the extra legnth. Here is a link to his photos http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...rms=sewer,boom

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
I like the sewer boom. Like brenkco I modified it by adding a longer boom that holds my Rhino hose and elbow. I do have to attach the screw in adapter to connect to the park sewer. I think KTManiac came up with an excellent way of modifying the boom. I give him a lot of credit.
I think it is easier than dragging out the hose from storage someplace. For those with alternative sewer dumping solutions other than a regular hose, the boom can cause a problem.
BTW, if you search around you can find small waste baskets that will fit just to the front of the propane tanks that will hold extra sewer hose and fittings as well as gloves. Very handy. The baskets just flex and will pressure fit in that space.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
Hunchback

M.O.C. #10318
Thanks for your input. I certainly prefer to have an exterior valve to prevent that surprise when you uncap the sewer and you cannot use one with the boom. Where did you get the sewer door to put in. For those who attached a tube for stroing the hoses, where did you attach it?
Old 04-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
I installed an extra valve at the hose connect, and I still use the boom.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
Hunchback

M.O.C. #10318
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Clemson1881

I installed an extra valve at the hose connect, and I still use the boom.
Clemson 1881, did you have to cut back some of the rubber connector on the boom to install the external valve?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Yes to free it up to swing around fully.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
pepper1

M.O.C. #10338
Anyone have any pictures of the mods they did?
pepper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
Hunchback

M.O.C. #10318
pepper1. go up this page a ways to a reply byr Brencko for april 15. He has a link that has some great pictures from MTmaniac fro June of 09. Worth seeing.