Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2004, 05:54 AM   #1
Montana_1636

M.O.C. #1636
Parking the 3650rk in the driveway

Finally got the 5r in the driveway.Our driveway slopes up to the house about 4 ft and is 50ft long. I bent the ladder against the house eave and knocked the neighborhood telephone J box over. We are now bying radios for communicating! This was our first backing parking attempt all uphill. The front jacks are fully extended all the way out and I can stand under the hitchpin and have to stretch my arms out to touch the bottom. Just barely level but good enough that everything works. What a challenge and it looks impressive. Oh yeah, we love our 5r.

Wade and Sue

Montana_1636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
THE BAILEY BEARS
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #300
Hang in there - backing in will get easier. The first time we brought the Montana home (just last year) and backed it into the driveway it took us 1 hr and 20 min. It was so bad the neighbors talked of setting up a beer stand and making money off of watching us. The last time we had it in the driveway in 9 min and just had to straighten it out. We felt pretty proud!! We too use radios.

Jerry and Nancy
'03 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax Allison
'01 Montana 2880 RL
THE BAILEY BEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:56 AM   #3
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Practice makes perfect and the walkie talkies will be a great help. We use them all the time when parking the rig. Like a lot of the others we also have a slope to deal with at the house. First thing I do is chock the wheels then put down blocks for the landing gear to sit on. The first time we brought it home I didn't use blocks on the landing gear and thought they were going to drop out of their slots. Since then I use two 2X6's under each side. I can get it level but it is really extended and I can walk under the overhang without bending. I'm still getting use to backing also. It's quite a bit different than backing a TT. The more you do it the better you'll get.

Happy Camping!
Bill
Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:59 AM   #4
Montana_1472
Established Member

M.O.C. #1472
I "feel your pain". Our driveway is 275ft with a sharp curve about 1/3 way in. The 5ver is a 03 3655FL and a new F350 dually.
Like others - the radios are a must. We are actively searching for a nearby storage facility. Having had several times to back in, we are improving. Also teaching my wife some correct hand signals has helped. Lot's of luck in the future.
Montana_1472 is offline   Reply With Quote