Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
wat42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4557
Basement storage ideas in 2955

Would like to find extra storage in my 2002 Montana 2955 basement area. Not sure where I can put screws, bolts, etc. to hang things because of wiring. Anyone have suggestions of things they have done or pictures? Also, want to put a hat rack above inside door, any wires there? Is there a wiring diagram anywhere that I can check out these things. Tried to find a thread for basement storage, had no luck. Thanks.

wat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Just had a post on that. Glenn (underwent surgery this morning in Tampa) has a couple of great pics. I have to search a little to find that topic. Maybe someone else could help too.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Found it... Go to the 3rd post down - "Glenn and Lorraine".

Glenn's Basement
Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Also, in regards to a wiring diagram. Sore subject for some, but there is no such animal. I would think that above the door may have the wiring for your outside 12v entrance light? Not sure though. I did screw in a coat/hat "Mor/Ryde" rack next to the dorr in my 3400. I don't know for sure on your 2955.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
For storing small things many use various size stackable storage bins that can be kept in cabinets or in the "basement".

There was also a picture provided by someone who attached their awning rod, stabilizer wrench, and long rod like wrenches to the interior of the swinging doors for their basement. I want to do that myself but can't find the pictures so I can mimic the fasteners that allow the tools to be fastened to the swinging doors.

I do like how Glenn (of Glenn and Lorraine) used wire rack closet shelving at the edges of the basement to flatten the storage area to the very edge. This would provide the strength and visibility to provide more flat storage space and still be able to view a smaller under storage space for odd shaped smaller objects.

There are innumerable options and solutions for storage. I continue to learn very clever tips and techniques through the MOC membership all the time.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
If he doesn't weigh in soon, PM NCFischers (Jim). He's got a great set up in his basement. Looked fairly simple to install as well. No issues with wiring.

akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Instead of screwing things to the walls inside you might consider using 3M Command strip hangers. They come in lots of styles and sizes and really stay put. We have used them for years in our rigs for everything from pictures to hats. They can be found at any good hardware store, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Then there is no worry about wiring.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Another nice basement option (which we plagarized) is Sailer's. He screwed firring strips to the front of the basement and then used threaded rod to hang the other side of shelving across the width of the basement. Our Weber grill fits under the first shelf, the stand and aluminum tray on next shelf and chairs on the top shelf. Lots of good options. If you're going to be at the rally, bring your camera and take lots of pics during show and tell. There are a lot of great ideas out there and chances are another MOC member has already come up with a solution.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:00 AM   #9
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Great ideas with pictures are priceless.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote