Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2009, 03:03 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
So.... I says to myself "Hershell"........

Also, many of you know I am not one to sit in the shade.
So.... I started up a new company, I am now a residential and commercial Heil dealer. Heil is a division of ICP. ICP makes Arcoaire Comfortmaker Day & Night Heil Keeprite Tempstar ICP Commercial
I have sold Carrier and Bryant in the past as well.
Today's market and environmental conditions are at a 'sweet spot' for a guy like me. R-22 is no longer being made in great quantities, it is being phased out, R-410 is the new environmental approved refrigerant.
Any A/C units that quit will now be replaced with the new refrigerant units. You have to change the evaporator coil with the outdoor condenser.
Big profit picture for sales-service,installers. (Sorry general public, I didn't make the EPA laws, talk to someone in a higher pay grade..)
Sue and I are hitting the ground running, this year should be interesting.
We will see how it goes, I think winter may bring some travel, the
business will have to work with that. So, hope to see many of you after this summer.
Edit:
Had to correct product list.
Thanks, Carolyn

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:20 AM   #2
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
No chance for any grass to grow under your feet, right, Ozz? Congratulations and good luck on your new venture!

Wayne & Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Heil Ozz!!

That's a trend setter.

Edited: p.s., Good luck - hope you make a million.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
If you make a million,,,will u adopt me???and joyce??
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
OZZ says,
"Sue and I are hitting the ground running, this year should be interesting."

Ozz since you are always running, going, moving, starting something,and generally flying low.....How many pairs of shoes/boots do you wear out in a year?
It's got to be a lot...Maybe you should also endorse a shoe/boot company as a "endurance wearer"
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:37 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks folks, I really don't think we will hit the jackpot with this small business, but the backbone of this country is a multitude of small businesses. Instead of us hanging our heads and reflecting on how much money our retirement fund has been reduced, how much money we don't have to fall back on, we decided do do something about it. With just Sue and I, and we are a team, we won't break any records, but we will make some money.
I have a neighbor, a nice guy, small in stature, Carl is a painter, self employed, a single father with a teen age girl in high school. He has struggled last winter making ends meet. He offered to care for a building in our River Market area, in Kansas City. He did some painting there last Spring, he got the OK to work this winter as the handyman. He changes light bulbs, fixes little things that are needed. The guy is smart, he filled a need for the building owner, and makes $20.00 an hour as a light handyman.
Small business at work.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:18 AM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Congratulations! Ozz. You do keep busy! Wish you and Sue lots of luck with this new business.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
You just gotta like a guy that likes to keep busy. Good for you my friend...I like your attitude.
I am in peoples homes everyday...working all day and sometimes a few days in one home. You get to know people, and get very good at reading them too.
I can't tell you how many retired folks I've met, and the ones that don't keep busy don't seem to last very long. Others that are always putzing and finding anything to do are still sharp...way up into their later years.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you Dusty, you are always nice.
Ozzie, I know what you mean, I think those of us that have always been out there on our own, fighting for business and working hard, are the people that have a hard time laying down the tools. When I was doing the Freezer door and installing the refrigeration equipment, the owner came in where Sue and I were working, (He just let us have a key to the place) I told him, I love this work, I would damn near do it for nothing. (I still gave him a big fat bill....)

(Can't spell...)