Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Great Deals at Disney

I did a search and could not find any posted info on this so I decided to post.

1. Disney offers free admission to any park on your birthday. Complete with a Birthday name badge.

2. Military both active and retired can get a 5 day park hopper for free. But you can't jump park to park on the same day unless you pay a small fee. In addition when you sign up you can get a greatly reduced rate for 5 companions. For example, I got the 5 day package for my grandaughter for about 105 including tax. We will use it when she visits this summer.

Just thought I would let everyone know

The passes are good until December 23.

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Thanks for the good information I think I'll take my granddaughter there Good deal
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There may be even better deals in the works. The January numbers came out and the tourist industry in this area was down 10% Jan 09 compared to Jan 08. Speed week at Daytona was weak and Bike week at Daytona is weak thus far. Feb numbers are expected to be even worse. We spent a 12 hour day at Disney Sat with Family and the crowds, we thought, were the largest we have seen this winter. Even so the Parking lots were thin and the longest wait for a attraction was "soaring" at the "land" and that was @ 35 Min's.
This is spring break season here but so far we do not see much. This is a great time to visit the parks. Be sure to look around for deals.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
You can always go down to rt 192 and get reduced prices by agreeing to look at a timeshare or other property.

Ft Wilderness was full when I was there last week even though the economy is down. So we had to stay at Sherwood Forest for 33 a night. It was not full and only a few minutes from everything. Downtown Disney was packed with long lines to get into the new T-Rex.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ft Wilderness is of course a Disney C.G resort and is nearly always full. Even at those very high prices it is not a bad deal because you are On the park and Disney transpotation will take you back and forth at any time avoiding those 12 hour days. Downtown Disney is not part of Disney. It is free admission so more folks go there. There is plenty do do and see there. There are always big crowds around the Lego attraction. Actually the crowds hsve been down all winter but there are still plenty of folks there. There are discounts all up and down the Rt-192 Strip. If you got the bucks this is a good time to go to Disney.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We are here in Florida and will be going to Orlando by the weekend. I have never been to downtown Disney. Where is it? We have been to disney world but you mention downtown disney. I must be missing something. We have been searching for discount tickets but have found nothing so far. Will check out rt 192 like you suggested when we get there. We did however get good prices on some dinner shows almost 1/2 price. Did get into the Cinderella lunch which is usually always booked but was able to get a seat. Thanks for any infro...
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is downtown Disney

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/des...wntown-disney/
Old 03-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
If you have a nuvi just search for Downtown Disney marketplace and it will take you there.

If your on rt 192 take the Disney turnoff and the signs will lead you there plus to everything else.

I don't know what you have to do to get the discounts or how much time you have spend going through the properties. So if your time limited then it may not be a good deal for you.

Downtown Disney is just a market place with lots of eating places and shows. They have a movie theater also.

The Disney buses (Free Trans) come in there and go to all the parks including hotels and Ft Wilderness. Good thing about Ft Wilderness camping is onece you park you have free trans. everywhere.