Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #21
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Doug, when Michael told me about you "going naked" I really was worried "Grandpa & Grandma day-care" had gotten to be to much for you. But now I understand. Glad to see you haven't lost your mind afterall.

Carl & Susan and Robbie and Alice,
If you read this, please let us know where the pictures were taken with your Montana on the previous page. Looks like beautiful parks. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Quartzsite.

GOFNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 AM   #22
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Happened on my MH. (Class "C") I tried every trick I could to get rid of the ghost images. I finally used a product call Platinum Trax that revived the gel coat so they were hardly noticeable. I even thought about painting them on with an airbrush using the ghosts for guides.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #23
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Doug what cemical did you use to remove the glue with, and how many hair driers did you cook.

Don
Old 11-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #24
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Don, I bought a heat gun at Harbor Freight and used Goo Gone that I got at Home Depot.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:16 AM   #25
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

Don, I bought a heat gun at Harbor Freight and used Goo Gone that I got at Home Depot.
Thanks Doug, I guess I'll have to get one and do the same as you did, your decals looked just like mine and I agree it does seem to take away the great curves and looks of the Monty.
I will probably have a mural painted there when I get a few extra $$$$'s.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:48 AM   #26
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
GOFNUTS, (Michael & Renee)

I can answer the question for Carl and Susan too.

We were at Dick and Toni's (rlwhit) in WA state! Yes, very beautiful, and the hosts were the best too!

Looking forward to seeing you and everyone at Quartzsite!

Sorry for the delay in answering, we've been flying around the country for Thanksgiving, just got back to TONNTOW yesterday, sure is nice to be back home again.

Only 52 days until the Quartzsite Rally!!!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #27
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
GOFNUTS, (Michael & Renee): I can't believe I missed your question. As Robbie wrote, both set of pictures were taken at the exclusive, upscale, RLWHIT RV Resort. Not too shabby considering it is Dick and Toni's front yard. I was parked to the right of Robbie although I believe he took his picture before I arrived.

As others have said before, a spectacular location surpassed only by the terrific campground managers.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 AM   #28
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We would love to know the magic formula for getting Keystone to "step up to the plate" on peeling graphics. Our 2004 3400RL is in worse shape on the nose graphics than yours Doug. Some peeling on the kitchen side as well.

It's a slightly better thought that the Monty goes naked than exposing my wrinkled old body but it is becoming an embarrassment! I don't mind removing the graphics and I don't mind paying the dealer to put new ones on but we cannot even get a response from Keystone to supply new graphics (free or for a price)

Oh well - another irritation to deal with!

Not quite as explosive as dealing with the damage that an exploding tire did to our fender (and our nerves) - at least people seem to know about it, now it's just a question of getting them to do something about it. We have shuffled from Keystone, to the tire supplier to the tire manufacturer so far - those strange Tacoma tires are not really that strange after all - just cheap! (and when they explode you relly do know it!)
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:32 AM   #29
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I had a great team member on the phone from Team Montana. I also just emailed you her name.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:21 AM   #30
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
DHenry, Here is a web site that looke good to us. We haven't done anything yet but we've been running around nude for a couple years now. http://www.wild-signs.com/a-RV_Murals/home.html
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote