Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Camping World Maintenance

This Spring when we take the Monty out of storage, I was thinking about taking it to the Rogers, Min CW for some wheel bearing service. Any comments about the quality of service from them? I usually take it to my dealer, but they charge double what I saw posted at CW. In general does is CW service reliable?

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am sure that the level of service and expertise will vary C.W to C.W. We have not had good luck with C,W in regard to service or installation and as a result have lost confidence in C.W.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I think I would look elsewhere for that kind of service. Maybe a reputable tire shop. I have found the service at different CW's is spotty, at best. Of course, the one you're talking about could be different, but why take the chance with such an important maintenance item????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I agree that you should probably look elsewhere. If you are relatively handy with mechanic type stuff then it is a relatively easy do it yourself job. Otherwise find a good brake shop in your town and see if they will do it for you. They are more likely to do a good job and may cost less.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 AM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well I guess we are the odd one out. We have used Camping for the install of the Splendide Combo in Nashville, Tennesssee on two different occasions and had good luck. They also installed two roof type A/C systems on two different 5th wheels. We also had a Splendide Aristion Stackable W/D installed in Mesa, Arizona and have never had a problem. Now on the other hand we have found only one RV dealership that I would use again.

As for wheel bearing service just about any good trailer or tire shop or a good repair shop can do the job. Wheel bearing service isn't rocket science and most people can do this service. Do I do mine, not anymore I just take it to our local tire shop and let them take care of it.

As for Camping World some have good luck some don't, we have had good luck so for? GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:37 AM   #6
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We too had good luck with the Orlando CW. They used to pack our bearings each year on our Montanas when we came down there for the winter. Now were haveing them service our motor home and they do a good job. In the past they have installed a washer/dryer and satellite dish and I have had no problems.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I've had good and bad service at CW. It's just like any service place. Some give good service others don't. I guess you could say, "You pays your money and takes your choice."

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
The camping world in New Jersey is awesome regarding service.I`ve had only great experiences with them.For me any way what I like about camping world is I call to have service done,they set up a date.I take it in and wait and get it back the same day.I`ve had my wheel bearngs done,they installed my 5th air bourne pin box,2 power vent fans,and new tires.I would much rather give them my business then any dealer near me,no question about it.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
We had Camping World in St Augustine, Florida install our spendide and they did a super job. They even took off the panel so they could run the vent outdoors, so it would be inside the wall. The installation was better than I expected.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RKassl

This Spring when we take the Monty out of storage, I was thinking about taking it to the Rogers, Min CW for some wheel bearing service. Any comments about the quality of service from them? I usually take it to my dealer, but they charge double what I saw posted at CW. In general does is CW service reliable?
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
We took our 3000RK back for warranty work to CW in Burlington, WA as the rear sliding window above the sink was very difficult to open and close. It looked like they used a screwdriver to bend frame and and then the window was leaking. The shop manager agreed it was not acceptable. At the same time they installed a new front jack motor as the original one was blowing fuses and they wired it up backwards so retract extended and extend retracted. I was rather upset and asked loudly what kind of incompetent work crew do you have here. I explained what they had done wrong and told them I did not want them touching my 5er again. The manager came out and talked with me and asked if he could rewire the motor himself, and I did let him. The new motors wires were color coded opposite from the old one, so I gave them credit for that but they did not check it out after it was repaired. A new window was ordered and installed and now all is OK.
So I would say as my uncle Harry would say when you asked if he thought they would do a good job in fixing something, " Maybe they will and maybe they won't."
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:38 AM   #11
jrhaman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6999
We used CW in Colorado Springs to have the washer/dryer combo installed. I thought they did a good job until we used the washer a couple of weeks later and found out they left the shipping bolts in the drum causing unbelievable vibration. Vibrated so bad my wife had to keep her weight against the washer to keep it from vibrating out of the closet. And they assured me they ran it thru a cycle and all was ok.
jrhaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #12
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I guess I am going to stay with my RV dealer, costs a little more but so far they have always done good work, and they stand behind what they do. I suppose let the buyer beware!.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We have used the CW here in Tampa and are completely satisfied. Last May I had the Direct TV remote dish installed on the roof by CW as well as the Banks Air Flow system on the TV and they did an excellent job on both. This May, on our way out of Florida, I will be taking the Monty to CW for greasing and brake adjustments.
I should also point out that here in west-central Florida there are many many RV dealers/service dept. a lot closer to us than CW but I prefer CW hourly rates over any of the rest. And, if need be, any of CW's across the USA will warrant any work done at any other CW. Can't say that about any local RV dealership.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #14
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
CW on Rte 192 in Kissimmee Florida does great work. Nice store and very comfortable waiting area. You can bring your dog inside to shop with you as long as it is well mannered.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote