Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2003, 07:07 PM   #1
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Lowpoint drains?

Was checking around the unit today and looking for valves to drain the water lines. ALL my other RV's had pull up valves to drain the water and of course there is no access to Fresh water tank. Therefore it appears that you unscrew the caps from the ends of the drain lines?? So my question is;
If the drain lines stick out the bottom of trailer and it gets well below freezing and your fulltiming in a cold area, Couldn't those lines Freeze? So it would be a good idea to wrap the drains!!
Also in checking the Hotwater Tank I found only one by-pass valve? My other By-pass systems have had two valves and one even had 3???

2004 2955RL
1997 RAM 2500 Diesel, Auto, 2WD, LB Pac-brake and a few Mod's to Improve Dodge's mis-use of a GREAT Engine

Edited by - dersequim on 10/22/2003 01:15:21 AM

dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote