Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2020, 07:03 AM   #41
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
OK, if the idea is to throw away tp, why bother with a bidet and associated procedures? Just use tp and follow with moisturized butt wipes. Your not bathing (without soap) and getting cleaner while staying dry.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #42
Snowwolfe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26974
Bagging TP solves a lot of issues. The most important one is that most ladies like to use enough TP that it looks like they are prepping their hand to be either casted or mummified.
Bag it and it goes out in the trash and zero worries about how all it dissolves.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #43
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
Bagging TP solves a lot of issues. The most important one is that most ladies like to use enough TP that it looks like they are prepping their hand to be either casted or mummified.
Bag it and it goes out in the trash and zero worries about how all it dissolves.
Until you start talking about the plastic. Natural resources consumed in production of it, putting it in the landfills, etc,etc,etc....
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #44
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post
Is there a heater in the bidet? I am not squirting ice cold water on my butt.
"They" make Bidets to suit anybody and everybody. It's all a matter of how much $$$ and effort you want to invest. The heated ones and the ones with blow driers on them take additional electrical work and plumbing hook-up. They range in prices from $35 to a thousand. It all depends upon what you want. Goodness, they even come with remote control controls, and as additional add-ins using your own toilet seat, or purchasing the entire bidet/toilet seat with all the features Click here.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:44 PM   #45
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
I can't believe when i started this post how many people have added their comments.

I will say i do use a bidet at home. The water is not that cold because you use it before you flush and the water has time to mildly warm in the walls.

I have hemorrhoid and the bidet makes for less TP and less irritation . It's interesting to see the photo a few posts back of the installation in a camper (my same toilet and also my same bidet that i installed at home)...I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT.
But..told the wife i will get one for the camper as well .

as for the people who like to SAVE the soiled TP , hoping it will INCREASE in value why not rip out the sink vanity and just put in a small college type refrigerator with a pail inside.This way you would never have any smell..... and to pun it...you could always have a COLD ONE
YUK YUK YUK
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #46
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
I can't believe when i started this post how many people have added their comments.

I will say i do use a bidet at home. The water is not that cold because you use it before you flush and the water has time to mildly warm in the walls.

I have hemorrhoid and the bidet makes for less TP and less irritation . It's interesting to see the photo a few posts back of the installation in a camper (my same toilet and also my same bidet that i installed at home)...I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT.
But..told the wife i will get one for the camper as well .

as for the people who like to SAVE the soiled TP , hoping it will INCREASE in value why not rip out the sink vanity and just put in a small college type refrigerator with a pail inside.This way you would never have any smell..... and to pun it...you could always have a COLD ONE
YUK YUK YUK
Who said anything about saving it? I only read different ways of DISPOSAL.....

Here is a video that should answer your original question. It was really easy to find.

R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:43 PM   #47
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Very informative video.... (post above)

now i have to try it myself with the charmin ultra soft....but it looks like a replacement for RV paper
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #48
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
To me it looks like I don't want any of them products in my tank sticking to the side walls and sensors forever like paper mache.

I'll stick to my original statement. If it doesn't come out of your body it doesn't belong in your black tank.

On a side note those of us with a septic system at home should be paying careful attention as to what goes down there also. The honey dipper that pumped out tank out last time stated that this is the cleanest septic tank he's ever seen. That was eight years since the previous clean out.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:18 AM   #49
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
For all you folks that for the life of me I don't understand throw poop on a can then in the trash ends up in land fills. You do know that that is considered hazardous waste right? Not to mention how ridiculous that idea is. Keep doing what you are doing but just think how nasty your trash is. Throwing poop in the trash is a bridge to far for me.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #50
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
There are an awful lot of people that think what they flush down their toilet just magickly disappears. If it will go down people flush it down. Cigarette butts/ tampons'/ diapers / underwear Etc.

Fact of the matter is, it does disappear to them, because its gone. They could care less where it goes.

Most people have no clue there is entire industry dedicated to removing what people flush down.

I have been to several (POOP) shows (Conventions) with a good friend of mine over the years. There were 100,s of 1000,s of square feet of floor space covered with devises to grid/remove/burn Etc. what people flush down. It ALL ends up somewhere. Either in your own septic tank or a treatment plant to be dealt with. And one way or another we all pay to have it removed. Here in Maryland, we each pay a $60 a year flush tax weather you are on public sewer of not.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:34 AM   #51
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
For all you folks that for the life of me I don't understand throw poop on a can then in the trash ends up in land fills. You do know that that is considered hazardous waste right? Not to mention how ridiculous that idea is. Keep doing what you are doing but just think how nasty your trash is. Throwing poop in the trash is a bridge to far for me.
I take it you've never had kids. If so what did you do with the dirty diapers?
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:48 AM   #52
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S.O'Donnell View Post
I take it you've never had kids. If so what did you do with the dirty diapers?
I had 4 just so you know. Poo is not the same for Babies as for grown adults. I can't believe the excuses for not putting toilet paper in the toilet. I dont want toilet paper sticking to my sensors. Seriously? None of my sensors work in any of my tanks. I just empty them every 2 or 3 days. I always use chemicals in the tank to help dissolve TP. Putting poppy TP in a trash can? Who gets that Job? Hey honey heads or tails.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:58 AM   #53
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
...None of my sensors work in any of my tanks. ...
If you are parked stationary (seasonal), I understand how this could happen. However, if you are mobile (travel), either full time or week-ender camper, all you need to do is dump your tanks when breaking camp, add a few gallons of water to your tanks, and drive to your next destination. The water sloshing around in the tank will clean off the sensors and then they will start working again. It may take a couple trips, but they will work again if you do this. (Just a suggestion). Now, if you are permanently parked, I don't know of any way to clean them, except with a toilet wand. But, you already have your system and it works for you, that's all that matters. But, if next time you hit the road, you might leave a bit of water in them. Extra agitation, pulverizing, and pounding water inside the tanks won't hurt anything, except break up whatever has glued itself to the side of the tank. (Just a suggestion).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #54
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Any TP will work. Just flush more water than you think you need.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:02 PM   #55
hitdrd
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18743
We use Scott, septic safe and much less $$$ than RV tp!
hitdrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:32 PM   #56
Mahrep1

M.O.C. #22625
We use Charmin along with Pure Power Blue Waste Digester. Pure Power Blue states you can use any brand of TP you want. We’ve been using it a little over a year now and have had absolutely no issues. Another enzyme digester that we use is Unique RV waster digester. Both of them are excellent products for black water, gray water, and in our case the kitchen sink tank. No muss no fuss treatment and it actually works. Wish I had found this sooner. However, I do like the idea of a bidet stated in an earlier response!
Mahrep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:44 PM   #57
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
My wife & I have been full-time for 15 years. Scott's 1 ply
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:31 AM   #58
Traveltimers2
Established Member

M.O.C. #19203
say as i would like to wipe that spot and then throw the tp into a trash can. The smell and the thought of flies, bugs or etc (not discounting the smell?) is not my cup of tea. We have found the RV tp or or "SEPTIC SAFE" works ok. Just a thought, as i started to RV every rig i have owned, was told WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND....use lots, flush system, keep water in the tank, use products that break down solids in your black tank and all should be better. Try it, you could be surprised.
Traveltimers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:07 AM   #59
GeneK2

M.O.C. #25237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Boy I wish I had a dollar for every time this question has been asked here on the Forum. We've been using Angel Soft since it came out or since we've been RVing, which ever came first and have had no problems with any tank drainage or any pyramids built up in the tank. All you have to do is use plenty of water when flushing and if you have a tank flush built in run it when dumping and afterwards and dump a second or third time. If you don't have a built in tank flush you can purchase a valve that has the flush attached for the end of your sewer connection and back flush the tank that way. I have one and use is about every other time I dump. It send water back up into the tank through the tank valve and back flushes the tank from the outlet. Surprising how much "stuff" you get out of the tank doing it this way. You can also buy a sewer wand that you flush the tank by sticking it down the toilet. A bit mess but I've seen them work also. But anyway, to test to see if any toilet paper will work or break down in the tank-- take about 3-4 sheets of toilet paper, put them in a pint jar and fill with water, put a lid on it, let it sit for about 30 minutes then shake the jar. IF the paper breaks down then it will work in your unit. If not, then don't use that particular brand of tp!
I’ve tested Angel Soft many times in a jar!! It’s available EVERYWHERE and is inexpensive.
GeneK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:22 AM   #60
Castner's
Established Member

M.O.C. #19693
Yes, just purchase any type of one ply toilet paper and you will be fine. That is all we used for 15 years now!
Castner's is offline   Reply With Quote