Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2020, 12:12 PM   #1
Sharko
Established Member

M.O.C. #26528
Stuck Slides

I have a 2020 3930FB. It has 2 hydraulic slides, one on either side. They seem to both do this to one extreme or another, but the slide with the fridge got stuck in and wouldn't come out. To me it seems they buckle. The 2 Ram rods are pushing from the bottom, I don't see anything that assists the top. I tried many, many times pulling it in and trying to poke it out slowly and it just wouldn't release the top and would only push the bottom out about 6-7".
I used the hydraulic to tilt it to that side and eventually got it out.
Is this an adjustment? Something I can do, I'm quite technical but for now its still under warranty.
Ideas?

Sharko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I am not a hydraulic system/slide expert - but many here are...so you will get better answers from them. First question is always - have you replaced the OEM 50 amp circuit breaker for the hydraulic system with an 80 amp breaker? Before I replaced my OEM breaker - the thing would trip during operation and it felt like the slides were jumping and tilting really bad. With the 80 amp CB - it operates as intended - much smoother (if you can call that operation "smooth"???) See pics...the first pic is a closeup of an 80 amp breaker (~$30 from Amazon). The second pic is my front compartment showing you where the breaker can be found.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	x2020-09-08_16-26-37.png
Views:	51
Size:	927.0 KB
ID:	7221   Click image for larger version

Name:	xx2020-09-08_16-27-10.png
Views:	43
Size:	911.7 KB
ID:	7222  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
You can try moving the slides one at a time by using the hydraulic control knobs in your level up control panel.
I think they are
ODS = Opposite Door Side
DS = Door side
Turn one slide off, once the one is out turn the other on.
Make sure you keep the gear track and gears well lubricated with dry lube (PTFE, teflon).
Check the bottom of the slide for any evidence of dragging (screws, nails staples etc.). Same with your linoleum inside.
I have heard if the ram becoming detached from the mount underneath. I'm thinking you would see a lot of vertical or lateral movements when moving the slide. Have a helper run the slides while you watch the rams.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Level up.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	7223  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:27 AM   #4
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Take my advice... take it to a pro...