Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2020, 03:02 PM   #21
richeyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22661
I installed a RV Lock with the Lion head. Loved The keyLess entry but it doesn’t control the deadbolt. I Too experienced the deadbolt mysteriously being locked after leaving and locking the door.(must have accidentally hit the red Knob?? Anyway locked out and when I tried my key pad door remained locked. Tried the key fob but door remained locked. I usually keep a set of keys in the truck but had accidentally hung inside the Montana. Luckily I did have a hid a key and when I tried the deadbolt the door unlocked. Recommend a hid a key for anyone that doesn’t have one.

Old 09-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #22
sherlosttravelers
Established Member

M.O.C. #25447
If you happen to hit the lock Mechanism on the inside and close door it will lock you out.
Ask me how i know!!! Ha
I always use to hide a extra key.
But now i bought a RV LOCK lock.
Great locks and customer service
Old 09-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #23
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Jeannette View Post
I have a 2020 3813 also with the exact same problem since the 2nd week. I can’t say why other than the fact that it must be misadjusted, well it works just fine if you open the door with your right hand, seriously.
Sorry that’s left hand. It’s the angle of the force.
Bob and Jeannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #24
S&SFrost

M.O.C. #25439
The top handle lock will shut if locked like most handle type locks if the door is tight it may not unlock even after turning the key....we used to penny people into their dorm rooms in college. Did you try pushing the door INTO the frame as you turned the key? That usually releases the pressure on the throw and allows it to release
S&SFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:57 PM   #25
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I have the original door lock on our 2019 3791RD. The ONLY lock I have ever known of is the red lever from the inside. You can lock both outside, but I don't have a way to lock the handle from the inside. How do you do that?
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #26
2thatwonder

M.O.C. #24294
Same thing

We have a 2020 3121rl. I have been locked out by the over night lock. Since then we never use the over night lock. This last weekend we got to our camp spot and unlocked the door but it would not open. Finally by fate it opened. No trouble all weekend. Then when we got home it didn’t open on the first couple of pulls and then it opened! Montana needs to replace these new door handles with the older style! They are soooooo much better!
2thatwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #27
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
On our 2010 Mountaineer during our 1st winter in Texas, I got up early one morning to go on a fishing trip. My wife stayed in bed so when I left, I locked the door with the key from the outside. I may have locked both locks. My wife got up later and had to walk the dog so she left the RV, didn't take her keys with her. She unlocked the red lever from inside as she left but didn't lock anything from the outside as she left. Whe she returned the door was locked and her keys were inside. She was locked out and had to call a locksmith as I was gone for the day. We were later told that locking both locks from the outside and then unlocking the red lever from the inside will let you out but that only unlocks the deadbolt. It does not unlock the latch lever.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:45 PM   #28
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I'm curious, is it possible that the pressure of the fold up steps is the issue? I've noticed when we travel sometimes I have to push on the door as I pull the handle because the morryde steps are putting pressure on the door.
When my door's locked, the handle will not move. When its just tight like when the steps press it, the handle moves but will not open all the way. Is that whats happening? I can't find a way to lock our door from inside and then get out with it locked and lock myself out.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #29
richeyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
Just get an RV Lock for it and be done. We like ours.

Mark
Be careful if you purchase your RV lock over the internet. The first one I purchased was advertised as an RV Lock on sale, being almost a50% sale So I ordered it. Installed and noticed it was cheaply made, guess you get what you pay for. After installation it never worked correctly. There was no customer service ph number on the package or shipping doc. I looked up RV Lock and they politely ask if the door handle had the imprint of a Lion on it. No it didn’t. They said sorry but it wasn’t theirs and they were unable to help. I immediately ordered a new RV Lock at full price and installed it and have been extremely happy. The knockoff lock had no return so I ate that one. Insure they one you buy has the Lion Head!
richeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:30 PM   #30
bwright
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17756
Happened to my wife once and was able to find a 4 year old in the campground to climb through the window and open the door..... no kidding 😃
bwright is offline   Reply With Quote