Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2018, 05:03 PM   #1
Gmjordan1

M.O.C. #22607
Montana furnace ??

Hi All
I’ve recently purchased a 2019 3731fl. The furnace only seems to be running for a couple minutes at a time . Is this normal? The blower kicks on then about a minute later the burner fires runs for a couple minutes, kicks off then the blower runs another minute or so before kicking off .This is my 4th rv & none of the others have ever ran this way. Any info, suggestions or help would be much appreciated
Thank You

Gmjordan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! We need a little more info. Are the slides in when you're running the furnace. If so, how many vents are covered by the slides. On our 2010 we could run the furnace with the slides in because all but one vent were still open and I'd added another one anyway. On our 2017 we can't because only the bedroom and the bathroom are open when the slides are in. If the furnace overheats and/or can't move enough air it will shut it'self down.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:45 PM   #3
Gmjordan1

M.O.C. #22607
The slides are all out . It has been doing this from day one. I work out of town & stay in it. But also run electric heaters. It’s been in the twenties for the last 2 night & started thinking “ something isn’t right” . Is there a furnace filter somewhere? I wonder if it’s possible the dealership left something wrapped in there. The person who did the prep & walk through wasn’t the brightest bulb Thank you for your reply
Old 11-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #4
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Check that the propane tank valves are open and that there is gas in the tank(s). That behavior is what I get when a tank is empty. I know that everytime I get my annual inspection done the shop closes my tank valves. I would expect them to close them following the PDI.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #5
Gmjordan1

M.O.C. #22607
Ok I think I figured it out. There are 2 ducts coming off furnace,1-2” & 1-4” .The 2” line goes to the front heated compartment, it was not connected and pressed against the front wall I pulled it away from the wall and it seems to be working now. Tomorrow I will climb under there in re-connected to the duct. I think since it was blocked it was backing up into the furnace in making it too hot. Well at least I hope so.
Thank you for your reply’s