Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Have to change our signature line! Again!

Just knew that the rally would turn out to an expensive trip! On the way home (safely arrived) we signed the papers to pick up our new 2005 3400RL next week.

An excellent trade on our 335RLBS TT -so we are now anxious to have the superglide hitch installed so we can go on our next trip at the end of next week!

Some of you at the rally will remember how we spent every waking moment in the 3400 that Hart RV had brought in - sorry Pat we could not buy from you due to Canadian tax complications plus we have a super dealer who we really like dealing with - specially when it comes to service. Gee thanks Jeff Rank - you really know how to sell us on the Montana line!

Diana has already started shopping for the extra goodies (I guess my role is to work twice as smart to pay for the rig) - what an end to a super rally - BTW that's 3 rigs this year but who's counting?!

DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Congratulations on your new unit. Know you will enjoy it. We haven't seen that model yet - trying not to look as we would surely want to trade LOL

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:20 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congrats on the new unit. Like your floor plan. Have fun.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 06:55 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Congratulations on your new coach. Yes you have to be careful when you tour the factory and see many other models of the Montana line. Keep us posted. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:21 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Congratulations! You are going to love this unit. We LOVE ours. Keep us posted on your experiences as you set up your new unit. Maybe we will need to start a 3400 sub forum!
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:01 AM   #6
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
Congratulations! We're sure you will love the new Montana. The 3400 is beautiful. Surely you are excited!! Hope you have many safe and happy travels. Montanas are for memorymaking!
Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:06 AM   #7
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I too love that floorplan. I tried to make a deal with Pat, but he just smiled. Ours is only 3 months old and we didn't want to lose our shirts. Oh well, there's always next year.
Was it Diana who told me I couldn't have that one --- it was hers?Again, beautiful unit.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:53 AM   #8
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
congrats!!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:03 AM   #9
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
You will love the room. Post some pic's when you get a chance so we can see the diff between the 04 & 05.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:23 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations again, Dianancolin! I bet you keep this one a long while! It's a beaut.

We really enjoyed meeting you folks and wish we could have spent some more time just chatting. Too many people, too little time. I'm sure you know how that went!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:40 PM   #11
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Yes Carol that was Diana! What chance did I have? Steve, we WILL be hanging on to this one for quite a while. First trip end of next week - Ontario to Florida with our 3 year old Granddaughter. Should have photos after we return early November
Old 10-01-2004, 02:08 PM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I know you and Diana are going to love your new rig. Just looked at the 3400 again today at the show here in Indianapolis. The more I look the more I like it but any upgrade is sometime away.
I also know you will love that PullRite. Haven't spoke to a PullRite owner that didn't love their's.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 02:59 PM   #13
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Thanks Glenn - just can't wait until Wednesday when we pick up the 3400 ready for the next trip starting Friday morning.

Only downside is I have about a month's worth of work (in the practice) before I can leave and have to somehow get it all done - fortunately it is just in the realm of the impossible (which we can achieve - miracles do take a little longer!)
Old 10-02-2004, 05:09 PM   #14
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Two thumbs up for your new Montana.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #15
Montana_532
Established Member

M.O.C. #532
DiananColin, Congrats on your new coach. We love ours--the merlot color. Hope you like yours as much as we like ours.
Montana_532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:55 AM   #16
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
May I say with a complete lack of bias or self gratification that your choice shows exceptional wisdom?
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:11 AM   #17
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Congrats on your new unit, I know the excitement you are feeling, we too exp it with our last two upgrades *S*
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:55 AM   #18
bonscott
Established Member

M.O.C. #1097
oh, the 3400..... i'm jealous, and of course happy for you. I would love that model. We've had our '03 3295RK for just a year though, (which I do love, too) and got a really good deal on it new. Would hate to trade, but would love the 3400. What a quandry. Enjoy it, i'm sure you'll love it.
bonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:58 AM   #19
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Congratulations on your new Montana, know you are going to love it.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:33 PM   #20
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Well here's the update - we picked up the 3400 today at the dealer. Spent last night in their carpark with the Mountaineer TT and about 8 am a knock on the door for the truck keys so they could start installing the Pullrite Superglide hitch. We pulled out at about 4:30 after being totally exhausted after shifting all the "stuff" from one to the other including the custom mattress (would not leave that behind!), Maxair fan and Maxair vent covers moved over. The dealer's people were great - I counted 9 service folk at various times working for us, I think it helps that the owner is on site and overseeing without getting in the way. At the last minute a scratch on the nose was spotted and s couple of fellows were set to work on it straight away, delayed our departure by 30 minutes but it's an indication of the dealers approach - in their book the rig has to be right.

The rig is totally loaded - everything from recliners to vacuum system to fast winterizing system. Drive across top of Toronto was the usual traffic nightmare (makes the Washington beltway seem like an empty road) but she towed like a dream. Easy to hitch - much more interesting to unhitch, I thought we might be fulltiming it at one point but eventually realised I had lifted rig too high. My excuse is that it was dark when we reached the storage area! Now we have a few hours before we leave here for Florida with the 3 yearold Granddaughter - good excuse to go see Mickey!

I feel like a kid loose in the candy store - is life really supposed to be this much fun?