Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
It WAS a nice evening

It was a nice evening in the mid 60's and a small gentle breeze.
The burgers were on the grill and the wife had made a nice potato salad to go with the burgers.
Our selves and another couple here at the park were enjoying the evening and having a cold one. The burgers are ready and we are ready to deck them out with all the trimmings, lettuce, tomatoes, onion etc.
Then it happened, the breeze caught it and brought it our way.
You see the neighbors had just pulled their black tank valve after which smelled like a month of use.
Makes it kinda hard to bite into a big juicy burger when the gentle breeze changes the evening atmosphere.
But things do blow over.
Once things died down we were able to continue the course of the evening.

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Nothing better than courteous neighbors! My question-- why at dinner time?

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Apparently they didn't have a sealed connection to the sewer either. It's folks like that that make me happy my home is on wheels. I can move. S&B folks are stuck next to the inconsiderate ***** forever.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Apparently they didn't have a sealed connection to the sewer either. It's folks like that that make me happy my home is on wheels. I can move. S&B folks are stuck next to the inconsiderate ***** forever.
One place that I stayed at had the threaded sewer connection, and just a few feet away, a grate that was evidently attached to the sewer somehow. Every time I dumped the black tank, it smelled to high heaven! Don't know if was a dried out sump/trap, malfunctioning, or what, but it was not pleasant.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Nothing more to say here! People need to have some perceptive abilities, of activities around them. See my neighbor out cooking, I would wait to conduct that sewer draining activity. That said my DW and I watched a guy dump his sewer hose at a KOA in Petaluma. After he emptied both tanks, he and wife (as a team) began to twirl and "flail the sewer hose about " to get the "residual particulate matter" out of the hose. Coating them, and everything around them in sewer water ! He and his wife never washed their hands (no gloves ) and preceded to eat dinner at their picnic table ... I did not eat dinner that day! People are clueless.....
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 AM   #6
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
The thing that bugs me the most is folks who stick their stinky slinky up on the drinking water connection to rinse before breaking camp.
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:37 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
That's one reason we sanitize the connection before we hook up. The other is having watched someone let their dog pee on one. With the dumping some things you see are incredible. Joyce's sister and her brother-in-law took their first camping excursion and camped next to us at the Elkhart Campground a couple of years ago. On the other side of the street and for several streets down were a group of class A's having a Rally. They pulled out one morning while we were eating breakfast and we watched all kinds of like Artemus described including using their fresh water hose to clean their sewer hose, sticking it way into the sewer hose.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #8
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Dick, we do as well. DW keeps the bleach bottle ready to spray water connection etc.! Famous philosopher Confucius say, "never shake hand, with camper dumping sewer ", "or risk getting poopey hand"?
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote