Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
Mjcrane

M.O.C. #12380
Send a message via AIM to Mjcrane
Movement in my unit when towing

I have a 2011 3400rl and every time i move it my paneling in the front bedroom closit breaks about six inches from bottom i have had it replaced twice and it broke again. there are other signs of frame movement also..... I have talked with Keystone many times been to their recomended dealers and repairs seem to be just a band aide and not addressing the true problem any suggestions as I am a full timer and i need it right..............

Mjcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
As a full timer you have the ability to call Keystone, explain that you are very concerned and just are not happy with the dealer fixes, ask if you can bring it to Goshen for them to look at. Yep, on your dime. But, if you have not been to Goshen, you MUST! So much to see and learn about rigs there, plus Elkhart County is beautiful, and there is Amish cooking and MORE!

Ask very nicely, don't ask for them to fix first off, just ask for them to look at it.

Guessing, this is the ole frame flex.

It would be helpful to us if you add your year and make into a signature line.

In the meantime, enjoy the unit,

Cheers.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Had the same problem. Cut the bottom of the panel off about 1/4 in. No more problems. You are
Able to put your finger in the crack at the carpet but it's in the closet and hardly visible.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote