Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Average temperatures by area

Ok MOC, this has been talked about before. I have done search after search and I'm not putting in the right wording.

There was a web site you can go to which gives you the average temperatures, precipitation month by month for the year, etc. I believe it was through the weather bureau itself but can't find it there.

Bingo, I believe it was you that had that info, but if anyone could lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thinking of moving south but it appears I may be heading a little to fast. To hot it appears. St. George, UT area is showing temps in the 90's for the next week. Not sure its going to change soon. This is why I would like info.

Thanks
Dave

Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Try this:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/

type in a zip code, click

results page, look at the bottom for

Seasonal Weather averages, click

Good luck
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Weather.com will show about a month's history back, but it does utilize historical information in predicting the weather ahead as well. That is the only site that I usually rely on for weather info of any kind.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
tomd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5075
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

Ok MOC, this has been talked about before. I have done search after search and I'm not putting in the right wording.

There was a web site you can go to which gives you the average temperatures, precipitation month by month for the year, etc. I believe it was through the weather bureau itself but can't find it there.

Bingo, I believe it was you that had that info, but if anyone could lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thinking of moving south but it appears I may be heading a little to fast. To hot it appears. St. George, UT area is showing temps in the 90's for the next week. Not sure its going to change soon. This is why I would like info.

Thanks
Dave
I like accuweather.com
tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
www.accuweather.com is another great weather site....That's three choices now. Good luck!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:30 AM   #6
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Thanks everyone, appreciate it. These are not the sites I was looking for but they work well also. Can't remember where I found that site I am looking for. Man, I hope that saying whats the first thing to go!!! LOL

Dave
Old 09-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dave, that is our dilemma, the heading south deal. That's why we are hanging here at Missoula where the weather is great.
I know soon the weather will switch, and we don't want to get caught in an early snow. What to do, what to do...
The weather averages is a good tool, good thinking.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 AM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I think this is what you are looking for and it will work for Canada or Mexico also. Far as that goes it works for Africa too, but that's a long drive and Ozz would have to refit the rig for the undersea part of the trip. http://www.weatherbase.com/
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
For Texas, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall it is:

Hot, hotter, hottest, hotter.

Sorry I could not have been more help, but try this

U.S. Climate Zone
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

I think this is what you are looking for and it will work for Canada or Mexico also. Far as that goes it works for Africa too, but that's a long drive and Ozz would have to refit the rig for the undersea part of the trip. http://www.weatherbase.com/
Sorry I came up slow on the post you put here Dick. Some how it got lost here in the recent topics. This is exactly the site I was looking for. Thank you very much sir. And MOC comes thru again for me!

Dave
Old 09-18-2011, 01:57 AM   #11
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
This link might be what you're looking for. It has graphs of daily mean max and min for cities all over U.S. as well as precip records for rain and snow. Just click on a state then click on a city/station.
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:18 AM   #12
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
WARNING:::: Were ever we go the weather hasn't been this cold in 30 plus years ????? We have discovered this summer that the weather is very differen. When looking at historical weather if change every so many years. Climate change has happened since time. When we are in Colorado we always take items for warm, hot, and cold. This past summer in July into Sept we use heat and A/C and no A/C it just depended on what elevation level we were at.

Ozz, I can assure you the weather will change in Montana, Colorado has already had Snow this year.... If they didn't have cold weather in Montana, Wyoming or Colorado we would be living there. We think the weather forecast just uses the SWAG method to guess at the weather... We may just move our depart date up a week in Oct for our trip to Florida, but the temps is still in the 90's and 70's at night. Oh well all these decisions, hard but someone has to do it... Happy Trails.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote