Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2010, 12:38 AM   #21
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
A trick I learned at one of the Rallys is to purchase a portable T handle for the dump pipe exit and attach where you attach the hose. I then close the T handle and open the shower gray tank valve and the galley tank valve. That allows both those tanks to equalize. I only do this if we don't have FHU. We never would fill the galley tank but the shower tank would always fill first. This allows you to utilize both tanks to capacity. When I dump I close both of the gray tank valve then open the black tank, flush till I have clear water running then dump the gray tanks.

indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #22
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Campfire42,
I was able to remove just a few screws from the belly pan and reach in and feel my valve, but I have a different model than you do. I'm not sure it will be in the same place but it might be. If my memory serves me right, I used a piece of 3/8 inch threaded rod. The old rod looked like the rods in a gun cleaning kit. Good luck.
Jim
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:07 AM   #23
campfire42
Established Member

M.O.C. #10283
Well, no hole that I can see in frame anywhere. And where I would think valve might be where drain pipe comes through the enclosed belly, the spare tire bracket is bolted on. So, just looking in there is more of a project then I origonally thought. Former owners had to drain the tank somehow, hopefully the secret place will show itself by dealer contacting former owners or something. Maybe I'll call Keystone Monday. Tank is almost full so dealer must not have emptied it before we took ownership, they didn't realize three tanks, I guess, even thought they are Montana dealers, and they are a good dealer. Hope there was anti freeze in it over winter, enough not to damamge tank anyway. Obviously, still holding water.
campfire42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #24
BubbaLynn
Established Member

M.O.C. #10139
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by campfire42

We're new owners of a 2008 295RKD Montana Mountaineer. We're waiting to take our first trip in the middle of April. We're looking for the galley holding tank drain lever but can't locate it. We've looked around the tires with the slide-out out but can't see it. Anyone know where it is?
We have a 2010 295RKD & our galley tank handle is located on the frame (drivers side) right behind the rear slide wall (looking from the back of the trailer) & just in front of the rear stabilizer.

Hope this helps,
Bubba
BubbaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #25
campfire42
Established Member

M.O.C. #10283
Good news. After talking to our dealer a few times today, it was realized that valves are in a lot of different places. And thank you for all of your help. But I did take out belly pad screws until I did find the valve, and it was back there between slide and bumper. Our pull rod/handle was not through the frame, but only through the belly pad. I had thought the hole in pad was a tear and duct taped it. And in closed position, pullrod was about 3" above pad, out of site. So, I pulled it out using a needle nose pliers, draining tank. All pink water ccame out, so it appears to have been ok during the winter. And dealer is sending us "T" handle and ext. rod. Threads on valve rod are ok. So, I'll put some blue loctite on the rod and handle connections and maybe secure it somehow so if it ever falls off again or something, we don't lose it. Dealer did get in touch with former owners in Florida just as I located valve, so we all were working together. Thank you all.
campfire42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #26
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Glad everything worked out for you. We have a valve on the end of our sewer line and when we are not on F/H we leave it closed. This gives us a little extra room for the grey water. I also leave the valve open all the time on the galley tank, with the shut off at the end I find it much easier that way. I haven’t had any problems with it set up that way as far as I know.