Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2004, 08:27 AM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
What Has Been Your Favorite Place To Visit??

I was just sitting here thinking about all the places that I have been and what I liked about them.

Just a few places that I have visited are.

1. Deadwood SD. This was a great adventure for me to see where a little bit of history was made. Not only is the country side beautiful but there is so much to see and do. Like MT. Rushmore, Devils Tower,Custer's National Park, just to name a few.

2.Virginia City NV. This is a place that we have been many times, The shops are great and we love the candy shops where you can watch the candy being made. And of course you can drop a nickel in a slot machine and try your luck.

3.Mammoth Lakes in California, Here is a fine place to camp and fish for rainbo Trout. There are a number of lakes here and even one that is for swimming only. PS. Lots of bears here.

4.Tombstone AZ. Where the famous OK Corral is located.

We have never been to the North East YET, but look forward to exploring that part of the Country some day.

Linda n Walt n kookie
2003 3280RL
2004 GMC 2500 D/A 4x4 Long Bed
G-Great
M-Montana
C- Carrier
KOOKIE RULES!!!!
http://picturetrail.com/prariepoodle

Edited by - prariepoodle on 03/25/2004 6:57:09 PM

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:05 AM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We are leaving tomorrow for our first time in the Montana, but we have had trailer and then fifth wheel for several years and have traveled mainly in our area of the northwest since we don't get regular vacations (self-employed). Our favorite places are all on the Oregon coast, which offers camping year round. It would be hard to pick a favorite, but we like the quiet area of the Cape Arago Highway out of Charleston, Oregon and the Sunset Bay State Park next to Shore Acres State Park and botanical gardens. We also enjoy the area around Eureka, California and redwood country of California. Inland Crater Lake is 1+ hours from us and there are many beautiful lakes between here and there. If we never get further than our own back yard we have plenty of places to choose from, though we look forward to longer trips and trying some of the areas mentioned by others. We want to return to my home state (Mass) and Roy's (Indiana) and see that part of the country via our RV.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Oregon Coast!! We are leaving 7/20 for our annual 2 weeks in Seaside. Makes a great Homebase to run up to Longbeach area in Wa. So. as far as you want in a day and still get back to see the FANTISTIC Sunsets from the Boardwalk. Run into Portland, Ocean Shores ETC. And Wonderful Astoria Or., they filmed Kindergarden Cop there. Visit the Lewis & Clark sites in the area and Fort Camby. Don't forget Cannon Beach and EAT at MO'S.
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:36 AM   #4
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Oregon being the large state it is, a trip to Seaside for us is about a 6-hour drive. We have been from one end to the other on the coast. I love Cape Lookout and also Beverly Beach state parks. Down here at the other end of the state we have Harris Beach, Bullards Beach, Sunset, and others. I have yet to find a state park I really disliked in Oregon. Happy travels.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:31 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Ulrike,

Those Sandhill Cranes, well, a lot of them, summer right here where we live, I sometimes see them standing in corn fields around here. There is a preserve near Grass Lake Michigan (Jackson County), and one of our all time favorite fall camping is at Portage Lake Campground in the Waterloo Recreational area. The maple trees have the most spectucular color, brilliant, and the preserve is only a couple of miles away. Great sport to go stand there at dusk and watch HUNDREDS of them come in for the night. Once you have heard that "call", you will never forget it. A couple of times, we even had a crane walk right behind our trailer, maybe 50 foot??? FAB!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 06:09 AM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
We also have a huge flock of cranes that comes here every summer. There is a marsh about a half a mile from where we are parked, the environmentalist people come out here to study them. We have walked over to get a closer look and they are so beautiful and the babies are so cute.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:33 PM   #7
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I noticed one state that was omitted probably due to the fact you can't drive there from here. However, you can still spend some time there. I am speaking of the beautiful state of Hawaii. You haven't seen all of America without visiting Hawaii and spend some time on all the islands there. I lived in Hawaii for five years and now in Alaska for over 20 years. I am looking forward to visiting many of the cities and sites stated above. I have been only to about 20 percent of the above places. So I have my work cut out for me.....Happy rving...
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:31 AM   #8
Montana_655
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #655
Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick. A beautiful place and we've found the people in the Maritimes to be wonderful.
http://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/Cu...ulture%5Een-CA
Montana_655 is offline   Reply With Quote