Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
When corresponding with Burlington I would suggest that you attach 2 pictures to your email. One of the peeling decal and another of the sticker on the side of the trailer indicating serial#,model#,date of manufacture, etc. This provides them with everything they need to make an immediate decision.

2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
At the rally in Goshen, Burlington Graphics said they have a new material made by 3M. They are really supposed to be good. If I had an older Montana and was going to replace the graphics, I'd go with the new graphics all over. That way, they would all match and the unit would look like a new one, especially if I had gel coat. Just my two cents.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #23
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
My front one was in awful shape.Its funny the name Montana is perfect not a sign of wear on it.But the landscape protion was the pits.I totally removed that one and replaced it with a mural decal.Other decals on each side as well were removed and replaced.It sure is a one of a kind Momtana now,no other one like it any where.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:04 AM   #24
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

My front one was in awful shape.Its funny the name Montana is perfect not a sign of wear on it.But the landscape protion was the pits.I totally removed that one and replaced it with a mural decal.Other decals on each side as well were removed and replaced.It sure is a one of a kind Momtana now,no other one like it any where.
My front graphic "MONTANA" is peeling off but the Mountaineer sticker is just fine on my '08. I just sent some pictures to Kristen @ Burlington Graphics.
mopar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #25
zippys

M.O.C. #9617
Great Info. thanks to everyone who replied to my post. I may not have any luck getting Montana / Burlington Graphics to do anything, but at least I now know what to do to contact them and what to expect. Will be at QS in Jan as we have a 2nd home in Sun City, Az and will not miss the show for anything.
Will get avatars set up for info on us soon.

Hope to see you there

Larry and June
zippys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #26
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Well since you plan to be in Quartzsite in January, consider joining us at the fifth Annual Circling of the Montanas. Here is a link to the topic where this is discussed.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35751

We hope to see you there!

P.S. There will be several folks in attendance who have replaced decals and would be willing to share their experiences.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 AM   #27
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I've sent two e-mail to Kristen with pictures and information about my trailer and have not received any response. Any one else I can contact?

Thanks,
Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #28
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I just had my 2007 front graphics replaced courtesy of keystone(Thanks Keystone!). The thing you need to watch is how they put the replacement graphics on the unit. Mine has a piece where it was not stretched out and there is a crease. These things just go bad every couple of years. Hazzard of owning an RV.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #29
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Twice I have sent pictures of the peeling graphics and a picture of the Manufacturer VIN decal to Kristin at Burlington Graphics and both times I did this I have yet to receive a reply or any acknowledgement to those e-mails. My first e-mail was back in July and the second one was in September.

When I called Burlington in early July Kristin was on vacation so I was put in contact with Nickki who told me that my graphics were out of warranty and quoted a price of approximately $350 for those sets that are curling and splitting. My Montana is a 2005, manufactured in October of 2004. The photo of the Manufacturer VIN decal I attached in both e-mails, with the pictures of the defective decals, clearly shows the manufacturer date of my Montana.

I would rather replace them but not if I have to pay for the replacement decals when they were defective in the first place. I may go with the option of trimming the curling parts off and if that means eventually trimming the entire graphic off, then so be it. I would rather have no decals than have the ones on there trashing my RV. I am with others who feel that replacing the graphics with the same quality graphics is a losing battle.

Both times, when I wrote to Kristin, I explained that I was a member of MOC and after having heard the success stories other members have had working through her I was sending my request through her. My e-mails were kept very positive and in no way made it sound like I was knocking Burlington Graphics or Keystone for the peeling problem I am experiencing. So for those of you who have had better luck getting responses from Burlington, how did you go about it?
EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #30
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Has anyone ever though of having the graphics painted on, instead of using the same graphics that will or is peeling also? We see many Montana's in the RV parks and on the road. Its sad to see a nice 5th wheel with the graphics peeling. We didn't have a problem with our Everest 343L or the Cambridge 358? Don't know if they use the same type materials. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #31
jengelkirk
Established Member

M.O.C. #8140
Our front decal on our 2008 "Montana" is also peeling already. Thanks to this forum, we contacted Kristin and a new one is on its way. The local Keystone dealer said they could take the old one off and put on the new decal, but the labor would be $100/hour! The question now is what is the easiest way to get the old one off? Is there a solution/chemical that makes it easier?

Thanks for any help.

Janet.
jengelkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #32
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I received my new graphics from Kristin a few weeks back. I'm going to wait until summer before I have them installed.

Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #33
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Guys I emailed kristin and she sent me part of mine so I emailed her back and she sent me 2 more pcs. I am still waiting for the rest. I talked to dale at goshen and he was to get with kristin to send the rest I am still waiting. She was very helpful to me but I can see that there are alot of folks talking to her now that may be why it takes so long. Now as to price. I have a paint and body man locally that also does air brushing really good. I talked to him and he will take everything off and airbrush it back on for about 500$. but if I can get the rest of my grapfics he will replace them and clearcoat all of the front cap for 200$. Now I know everyone says you dont need to put anything over the graphics But he said they will not peel again if you clear over them. plus the cap will be easy to keep clean. I know him well and trust him so I am waiting on kristin and we will see. I dont have a problem being a ginnypig lol.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #34
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bobby,
If you can get the decals removed and then painted back on for $500 I'd jump at that! That is a great deal.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #35
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Dennis that is what he said and he will design a layout and we can deside what to go with at that time. when he finishes he will still clear the front cap. I am going to wait till after chistmas to deside. really would like to have something special up there. my sides are fine.
bobby
Old 11-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #36
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bobby,
Perhaps I misunderstood the 'deal'. Are you talking about just the front cap? If so the $500 isn't as good a deal as I had originally thought. But even if it is just the front cap that price isn't awful it's just not as good as decals on the entire trailer.

Sorry if I misunderstood and good luck. I, too, would wait until after winter.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:16 AM   #37
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
With the high cost of paint and labor these days $500 is a good price. Especially for somebody talented enough to air brush. If I had that opportunity I would have it done. Your's would be the only one like it!
Old 11-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #38
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mopar1

With the high cost of paint and labor these days $500 is a good price. Especially for somebody talented enough to air brush. If I had that opportunity I would have it done. Your's would be the only one like it!
There may have to be two of kind, I have removed the Montana graphic on the front ,and part of the mountain scene on my 2008 3400RL. I have the new graphics, but like I have said before I can't see any reason to keep putting on graphics that keep going bad. I am looking for someone locally here in the Salt Lake area to do some air brushing on the front.If anyone knows someone in the Salt Lake area please let me know. Thanks
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #39
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mopar1

There may have to be two of kind, I have removed the Montana graphic on the front ,and part of the mountain scene on my 2008 3400RL. I have the new graphics, but like I have said before I can't see any reason to keep putting on graphics that keep going bad. I am looking for someone locally here in the Salt Lake area to do some air brushing on the front.If anyone knows someone in the Salt Lake area please let me know. Thanks
Maybe have someone install them and then clear coat over them? That should protect them. Or make a really big mess!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #40
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Guys that is what he is talking about just doing the front. but it would be special. He also said to clear the cap over the new graphics and they would stay. That is 200$ to remove a replace the front and clear over. But either way it should look good. But I am still waiting on kristin for the rest of my graphics then will deside. If I get them I might just replace and clear. BTW I seen one in clumberland st park a few mts back and it looked like it had been cleared all over. that was the best looking one I have seen. Was going to ask him but he was gone.
bobby