Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
SIGN OF THE TIME'S

Last night around 11pm, My little dog (Daisy May) raise all kinds of %$#@, I sushed her and she jumped up on the bed just a growling. About this time My wife said John there has to be something outside. Lazy me walked to the Living room door and looked out through the glass. NOTHING.. TO LAZY TO STEP OUTSIDE.
DAISY MAY, continued to act upset!!!!

OK, this morning, I walked out to get the GOLF CART... """GONE""""

Now that had to take some GUTS!!!!! 40 feet from my front door on the garage apron beside the family Buick. Now mind you I have a 1/4 mile road to get out and nothing but fields on the other three sides..

I reported it this morning to the Sheriff, who advised me that the rash of burglaries have increased above any number they have had on record. OZZ, MUDCHIEF, TRAVELINTEACH and several other members know where I live and I think they would agree, anyone that would take that GOLF CART coming into my property and getting out would have had to be desperate..
I will say, that the thief had someone up above looking out for him!!!!! that night.. I mean really looking out for him. Because I am afraid I would have dealt with him in a very severe manner, and then turned him over to authorities.. SO THERE IS A GOD...

Lesson learned, LISTEN TO DAISY MAY and don't be so LAZY, go outside with big bertha and check the perimeter.....

Sorry, I had to VENT.

Safe travels everyone John

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
John: Wamego had a bunch of kids 'stealing' golf carts last fall and then doing demolition derby type stuff with them -- neighbor here had his stored out there and they stole it (broke into an enclosed lot / garage (one of the kids knew the family and knew it was there!!)); I understand being bored (I was a kid once myself) but I'd never do anything like that -- if I had I knew the law was the last thing I had to worry about -- assuming there was anything left of my tail end after my dad took care of me!!!!!

Sorry for the loss - hope they find the perps....
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:59 AM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
So sorry about this. Thieves are getting more brave all the time.

We live in a rural area and were gone for awhile and when we came back they had been running all over our property with dirt bikes. Were starting to make paths in our grass. It was neighbor kids. I have to wonder where were the parents? What were they thinking?
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

So sorry about this. Thieves are getting more brave all the time.

We live in a rural area and were gone for awhile and when we came back they had been running all over our property with dirt bikes. Were starting to make paths in our grass. It was neighbor kids. I have to wonder where were the parents? What were they thinking?
They were probably with them on the bikes!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
We live in a subdivision of acre lots outside a small rural town. My neighbor lost his John Deere lawn tractor last year. Sitting beside his fence in which his very large dog was and he had motion detector lights in the area. He said they heard the dog barking, but did not go out to investigate. Reported it to the police. A few hours later, he got a call from the police of a town about 30 miles away. They had stopped a small pickup with a young man and women (20ish) on some minor traffic violation. But they could not explain the lawn tractor in the back of the pickup. Turned out it was my neighbor's. He was lucky this time.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I can't imagine whay crime of this sort has been on a steady increase..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I called all the pawn shops within 40 miles, one lady said that a spanish man who couldn't speak english was trying to sell a white ez go in beautiful condition last Saturday for $500.00 it was on the back of his beat up truck. Can't say for sure, but we had a spanish crew of tree trimmers working for the public utilities about two weeks ago on the farm....I AM GETTING CLOSER..
Old 07-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Do you really think it is fair to paint with such a broad brush? To indict a whole group of people as you have done does not seem to be fair. EVEN if it should turn out to be true I do not think it is right to convict anyone other than the guilty party(ies).

If you are going to cast such aspersions perhaps you should at least wait until you have an actual suspect!

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #9
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
No Dennis - Would not do that, I have "more evidence" than published, and several other victims in area. Same MO. This group has left the Utility Company's employment due to complaints of customers. I have some back ground in the investigative field, and realize what you are saying..
I have the goods NOW, just not the Suspects as yet. I don't accuse lightly.
safe travels John
Old 07-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #10
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Some Texas justice is need in that area !!!!!! Just like the old days we should hang'em high. There is never a reason to steal. The thieves are the scum of the earth, regardless of race.

I keep a loaded Automatic pistol and a Henry lever action rife. And their not for hunting. I don't hunt nor do I kill animals. They are for protection. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:27 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"Thieves are getting more brave all the time" Perhaps that could well read ..getting more desperate all the time. Good Police work John. They may have made a mistake stealing from a retired LEO.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:34 AM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

Some Texas justice is need in that area !!!!!! Just like the old days we should hang'em high. There is never a reason to steal. The thieves are the scum of the earth, regardless of race.

I keep a loaded Automatic pistol and a Henry lever action rife. And their not for hunting. I don't hunt nor do I kill animals. They are for protection. GBY....

Gosh sounds like you've already got your white sheet ironed and your white pointy hood all ready to go!

Guess I'd better get an order for some more rope! Wouldn't want to run out!

How about letting the law take it's course? Hopefully we've progressed beyond the Wild Wild West of yesteryear!

Dennis
Old 07-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #13
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
We do frown on theft here in Texas. We have here what is known as the "castle law". Goggle "Joe Horn, Pasadena, TX", and do a little reading. He was recently "no billed" by a grand jury for shooting two illegals from Columbia that burglarized a neighbors home.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Gee whiz.Will. Aren't you a little harsh on those law breakers. I mean they only stole John's Golf cart..They could have got his blender as well..now that would require some Texas justice.
Now would not a little finger shaking and a..now don't do that again..work just as well. The blender would be a different story..
Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #15
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
HamRad, what a comment. Totally inaccurate. You can accuse me of what ever you want. But I will not go down to your level. I haven't fired a weapon in anger since 1968. But I will protect my family with extreme deadly force. And I will not tolerate someone taking things that don't belong to them. You Sir don't have a clue, and need to think before you open your mouth. Educated people don't make comments when they don't know what their talking about. And you for sure don't know me...........
Old 07-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #16
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Delaine and Lindy,

"Some Texas justice is need in that area !!!!!! Just like the old days we should hang'em high."

Gosh, what am I not understanding? Your quote seems very clear!

I know what the Texas law allows in regards to self defense. I don't believe that was involved in the issue outlined by the OP.

"Educated people don't make comments when they don't know what their talking about." And how "educated" do you have to be to make the kind of asinine statement that you made?

Your comments about "frontier justice" are simply out of date and deserve to be ridiculed. Surely we have progressed beyond your proposed level of administering justice.

And doesn't it seem strange to you that Texas has the most active death penalty unit in the country and yet the prisons just keep filling up! Guess you may be right after all.... let's double or triple the "kill" level. Obviously we are not applying "Texas Justice" quickly enough.

Finally. I replied to your post without attacking you personally. I was commenting on the ideas that you posted not on your education level or integrity. I have attempted to do that again in this message but may not have been as successful. I do not mean to attack you on a personal level just the ideas that you are proposing. I would appreciate the same level of courtesy on your part.

Thank you,

Dennis
Old 07-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Now,Now....can't we just all get along....
Old 07-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #18
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Hemlockusa, We hope you get justice and get your property back. And when ever the perps are caught, I hope they get the max punishment. I have lived in Texas and I also know the law there. I applaud Texas they are trying to take back our Country. I support Law enforcement. I have a Son who is a Cop and he knows whats going on in the streets, people should ride with a cop just one weekend. We also have two other children who work in the Medical field and are daughter sees every day what Criminals are doing to our Country, she works in the ER. Our other son works in a Dallas in a Major hospital.

Oh BTW we don't have white sheets, and have never used them. And I do support max punishment. Its time that people are held accountable for their actions, there are no excuses. GBY....
Old 07-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #19
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I sincerely didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest here.

Sorry if there was a member that got offended.

John
Old 07-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #20
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
In regards to law enforcement and holding people accountable I couldn't agree more! Now there is something we can agree on. I also agree that a "ride along" program is a great idea. Wish they offered that in our neck of the woods.

Please thank your sons and daughter for all the work they do to protect us and keep us healthy. I wish I had half the courage it takes to be in LE. Several of my friends have retired from LE. It was a very rough career for all of them.

Speaking of Texas law enforcement.... have you been following the cases in Dallas? The DA there is reviewing cases and has found many cases that were improperly prosecuted. And just the sheer number of prisoners convicted of crimes that they did NOT commit is scary. And unfortunately many of them were on death row.

Regarding the sheets. I don't care what color they are. As long as you support the application of law vs the so called "Texas Justice" then there is something else we can agree on. And since you have a son actually in LE it follows that you would support the application of law and not some form of vigilantism.

Do you think the death penalty is appropriate for stealing a golf cart?

HamRad