Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
NewFlyLady
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8071
Hello All

It was nice to find this site. There is some great information here. I have been living 2 weeks a month in our Montana 3380 for two years now. Long story but I work in Canada two weeks a month and park the 5th wheel just north of Bellingham Washington. During the winter I work from home the other two weeks just outside Sacramento, CA. During the summer I work from our summer home in Montana. Both my husband and I are avid fly fishermen and spend all of our time off fly fishing the Madison River where our house is. When my project is done in Canada I am hoping to retire and move to the Montana house and then spend winters somewhere warmer in the 5th wheel.

NewFlyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, You can relax now your home. Just sit back and enjoy... Sounds like you have a very busy life right now.
You will find many helpful individuals here, and some that might even challenge you to a fishing contest. ha ha
Looking forward to meeting you down the road.
Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Welcome to a great site and great people.
We like fishing and my wife actually lost a shrimp (bait) the last time out. Actuall, it was on the hook so long it rotted off.

Welcome!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Welcome to the forum. It took us a few years to find this forum after we purchased our first Montana. It is nice to see that you are enjoying your Montana and, soon enough, your time will come where your fly fishing may be your only time consumer.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Nice to have you as members. Enjoy the forum by participating regularly.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
NewFlyLady,

Welcome to the MOC!

Your home on the Madison river must be in one beautiful place. We have really enjoyed our trips to that area of the world.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
Welcome to the forum! You will surely find lots of information here and a lot of great folks too! So glad you found us!
Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
Sherri48
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7532
Send a message via Yahoo to Sherri48
Hi there and here's a warm MOC welcome.

I like fishing also, but am not coordinated enough for fly fishing. Tried twice and gave up. I stick to the worm on a hook thing

I think I read someone on this forum makes their own flies. I don't remember who it is, but maybe another member knows who it is.

Nice unit you have, and I know you'll have tons of fun with it.

Sherri
Sherri48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #9
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Welcome NewFlyLady,If you need an answer concerning your monty this is the place to find your answer.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Welcome! There are only a few of us lucky enough to have a 3380 as it was only made for a year or two. We find ours to be very comfortable. Sounds like you have an interesting life. Welcome to the forum.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:52 AM   #11
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
NewFlyLady...Welcome to MOC
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #12
NewFlyLady
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8071
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

jrgwdenner: I have to agree that the 3380 is very comfortable and I love it for that but I have had my fair share of problems with it. I think the comfort is the only thing that still keeps me sold. I have had a water leak in the bedroom side that has been worked on a total of 8 times now and it still leaks badly. I am not sure what direction to take at this point as it is obvious that the dealer I have been working with is not solving the problem. There is only one warranty dealer in the area so I am at their mercy. Since my husband is 800+ miles away it cost $250 each time the unit has to be towed in for repair and that is only one of the problems. When the 4th halftime oven went out with a year I gave up and bought a small inexpensive unit to replace it. Some times you just have to give up and go with the flow.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
NewFlyLady,

Have you contacted the Team Montana? If not I'd give them a call. They may be able to help you get your problems resolved. I don't have the number handy but it should be on the Keystone website.

There is a Keystone factory in eastern OR. They sometimes work on Montana products. Of course your best bet would be to take it to Goshen, IN where they make the trailers. We have had a number of our members end up taking their rigs in for various fixes.

Good luck and again welcome to the MOC.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard. HamRad's advice is sound. If your dealer is not solving the problem, call Keystone and explain the situation to them and see if they have some alternate help for you. I don't have the number at hand but you should be able to find it at www.keystone-montana.com .
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:30 AM   #15
NewFlyLady
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8071
In reference to talking to Keystone. I did that on the 5th time of not fixing the problem. Although they tried to be as helpful as possible the end result was that I needed to let the dealer have a chance to fix it. When I asked how many chances I should give them they said leaks were hard to fix. Their other alternative was to take it back to the dealer we bought it from and have them fix it. That dealer is 1200+ miles from where I am. I do think it is time to call Keystone again but I think their suggestion will be to bring it back to the factory and that can't be done right now.