Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Three Month Update - Fulltiming

25 May 07 to present. What a ride so far. This is defiitely the life. After our semi eventful trip from Alaska we have had very little probs so far. Let's see. l) had all four Monty tires replaced. 2) Had brakes adjusted, all 4 were spinning free.3) leaky shower, fixed myself, 4) l day night shade needs replacing and power cord coming apart at male end, (getting runaround from FOLEY's RV in Washington. They examined the shade on 26 Jun and said they would order one and ship to me when they got it in if I was willing to pay the shipping. I agreed and thought that had been done. Same story with the power cord (50 amp, the big un) Checked with them last week and neither had been ordered. The manager, Jim Fine, wants me to send him the broke parts, then he will order from Keystone and when they come in ship to me. I asked how I was supposed to power my coach in the meantime, he had no answer. I offered to leave him my credit card number and if he didn't receive the parts back from me he could charge it, He said that people will cancel their card or dissallow the charge. WHAT A CROCK. Will call Team Montana tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

Apollo is working fine and the DW loves it so far. Broke an awning rod in Idaho, but my fault and paid roving RV repairman to fix it.

Screws continue to come loose from hinges. I can see I will end up fixing all these. Automation is great but men/women with power tools can be dangerous at times.

All in All, We are loving it, we consider these problems to be nit noy annoyances.

We have seen much of Oregon so far, the western coast is rather pretty, but a little touristy. Presently in Warrenton and leaving tomorrow for Fairview RV Park in NE Portland. Will be there a week and then head for the Bend area then south to sunny California.

I think we have adapted well to the smaller space and I really love sitting outside each night. So far we have been travelling with my sister in a Fleetwood fiver and my niece in a class A. Nice to be with family again after 41 years of being away.

We are also learning the intricacies of Mexican Train and playing some UNO. Look forward to seeing many of you on the road. Might even show up in South Texas this winter, at least Arizona anyway.

If anyone at Fairview, drop me a line and let's meet.

That's all for now, will write more later....

Phil & Cathy
Homeless in Oregon (AND Loving it)

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Extreme pangs of jealousy are wracking my body.....Oh wait, I get to go camping this weekend.....Good medicine, feel better already. Thoroughly enjoyed your update Phil, but obviously not as much as you are enjoying your new life. Congratulations and God Bless.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Phil & Cathy it sounds like everything is going your way. Full timing is definitely agreeing with you. We are happy for both of you.

As for Foley's (Customer Service?), I would definitely call Team Montana.

We finally sold our place and we'll be "homeless" Aug 31st. The new stick home will be completed in January. So we'll be "Long Timing" it until it's done.

Next time we get together, we'll have to try a little "Mexican Train".

Enjoy your family and your trip south. Drive safe.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Phil
You are not HOMELESS!!!! The Monty is your home!
Happy trails..............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Phil and Cathy, we are currently in Bay Center, WA, on our way south. We'll be in Lincoln City (on the coast) tomorrow and Saturday, and then on to McMinnville (S/SW of Portland) on Sunday. We'll be in Bend 29 Aug-5 Sept. Will you be there then? If so, we'll be at the Crown Villa - would love to see you guys. Safe travels!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
CanDo, We are in Portland until the 22nd and then on to LaPine until 8-31 and then the 1000 trails CG in Bend over the weekend, then on to Sisters for a week. Let's get together for a lunch or breakfast during that time. PM me your phone number and I will call when I get to Bend area......
Old 08-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are not full timers but very long timers and we can relate. We actually feel more at home in the 3400 than we do in our home.We have been on the road 6 out of the last 9 months. Our 3400 has been trouble free since our 4 days at the service center . We do not count doors falling off as a problem anymore as 6 doors have fell off to date and we expect in time they all will. We have plenty of round tooth picks, super glue and longer screws.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:14 AM   #8
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Hi Phil Sounds like you guys are "living the life". Sounds wonderful.
We had the same kind of issues with Foley's and Jim Fine. The suggestion to go through Team Montana is a good one. Foley's standard line is "I'm sorry". We had parts not ordered when we showed up for an appt., parts ordered in the wrong sizes, and no techs available, even though we had a long-standing appt. date.
Team Montana was great to deal with, and did take action.....although not wtih Foley's.
Safe travels.
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Team Montana came through. They are sending my parts to a dealer in Bend Or, where we will be for about two weeks. I sure wish something could be done about these "fly by night" dealers that won't do what they say they will do. It is a black mark on the industry.....

Thanks Keystone!!!!!!