Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2007, 02:08 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Where in the world is Don Imus??

Although I often winced at his bigotry and crassness, I did watch every morning, maybe similar to the old train-wreck saying, just can't look away.
Maybe also I am relating in a way, to my post about retirement, it must have been hard on him to get fired, and change his life and routine overnight. Putting aside for a moment whether it was just maybe Carma that did him in.
I did read that he is suing for $120,000,000.00, the remainder of his contract, attorney and associated fees included. Seems strange to me that someone could make that kind of money being so negative and nasty to everyone, his young wife included. When she would appear on his show, it took only moments for them to be at each other.
He did do many things to help people; kids mostly, in need. He is now on his ranch for kids with cancer, I would assume.
I just wonder how he is doing.
Ozz

On edit, Dennis was correct, I also was off by an additional $20,000.
(I would think he would shoot for Sirius, as Mel Carmazan was an admired figure for Imus.)

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, you forgot about 3 zero's in that figure. His contract required him to be that way so I am sure he will collect. Heard he was going to XM.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, I wonder if he knows the attorney who is suing the dry cleaners for $54,000,000.00 because they lost his favorite pair of pants. The owners moved to the USA from the Far East. So much for the American Dream.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:32 AM   #4
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Ozz, its hard to feel any pity for Imus.....he has more money than anyone needs and he did it all by being rude and crass. I don't think that takes any talent. I think it was time for him to go and find something worthwhile to do. That being said, I do like what he has done for kids and others but I don't like how he got his wealth so the jury is still out on whether one offsets the other.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
I for one can care less where he is, what he is doing or what he is doing to whom. There are many far more interesting things in life than Imus, try watching a sunset and ask yourself if Imus could do that.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #6
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
What about Paris Hilton?
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
The Don Imus TV show outlived its useful life about 8 years ago. MSNBC should have switched over for a duocast of Today on both channels in the am. Don Imus does deserve to have his radio show becasue it was not Don but his morning cohort who first made the comments. Don just repeated them after the other idiot blurted them out. Don't get me wrong, what they said was just rude and wrong to say about anyone in my book. This is America where free speech is a constitutional right and we need to keep this in mind before huge public outcries.
Ok I know this probably rubbed some peopel the wrong way but its just an opinion from an okie hick.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote