Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Back from our summer wanderings

Well, Im finally back online after our summer wanderings. We spent a month campground hosting at Fort Mountain State Park. Then visited with our children in Pennsylvania and Florida.

We came home in time for school to start and then I had a nice week in the hospital.

Three weeks ago, I took 3 different mission teams to Lacombe, LA to do disaster relief. On October 17th I'll be taking a cleanup crew and a construction crew down to continue the relief effort. Seeing the disaster around Slidell and Lacombe is unbelieveable. The folks down there will be recovering from this storm for a long time.

One of the things we did in Lacombe on the last trip was to take in a 2-way satellite internet system. We were able to help a lot of folks register with FEMA, find lost family and friends, do online banking, etc. We were so busy I didn't have time to check in on the forum.

Hope you all had a great summer and hope the folks at the Rally have a great time.

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
You efforts were more improtant, Keep up the great job, and welcome back..
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
We missed you--glad to hear that you had a good summer (except for the hospital bit). Your work in LA is much appreciated--by those who were helped and by those of us who wish we could break free to do what you are doing. Best wishes for the next endeavor. Bill and Pat
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
Sounds like you've been busy doing good things. Fort Mountain is a great place too. I haven't been there since I had my Cardinal TT. What a nice campground. Looking forward to camping there sometime in my Monty.
Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:28 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
ftd - do you plan to post anything about your LA experiences on your homepage ? photos?
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:50 AM   #6
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
Fulltimedreamer, good to see you back posting again. I was on your website last week and completed two of your improvement projects on my Mountaineer. I upgraded my thermostat, and put lexan on my storm door. Your detailed instructions, complete with pictures made the projects a success. Thanks for taking the time and the pictures to create your helpful webpages.
Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 05:12 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Everyone: Thanks for your kind sentiments.
VANMAN: When I get a chance I'll try to add some pictures from the disaster relief to my website.
Rex & Mary: I'm glad the project info on the website was useful to you.
Serenity: We really enjoyed our time at Fort Mountain. It's a beautiful park with nice campgrounds.
If anyone is interested we were the only hosts this summer, I know they would like to have more volunteers.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:23 PM   #8
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Lamar, good to have you back on MOC! I had wondered when you would be back! I have to tip my hat to you for your work in Louisiana; that is a wonderful “excuse” not to be on MOC!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome back! Sounds like you have been very busy. I hope you know we do not always say it often or well but your efforts and those of others is very much appreciated.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lamar and Debbie
Welcome back. All of your adventures sound so rewarding. Thank you for doing what others could not.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote