Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
everest overtaking montana

First of all ,we have a montana; but from the last trips we have made it looks like keystone is really pushing the everest line, have seen and been in quite a few of them, they are really quite nice and we like them better than the monty line, but no dealer in this area,i understand they are built at the elkhart plant, is montana starting to take a back seat in the keystone line now, the extra additions on the everest sure are nice and the price is right in line with the montana. Does anybody out there know if keystone is pushing this line harder, montana does have a decent rep. but not perfect.

sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
sgf,
I suspect it is just the nature of the market place. Seems that is always the way things go. Or maybe they got a "hot" new manager for that particular division. Since the Montana line has been so good for them I wouldn't think they'd deliberately try to downscale it. But marketing never was my strong suite. The nice thing about all this is that the consumer gets more good choices! It will be interesting to watch how this develops.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:39 PM   #3
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We recently went to a local state park and there were 4 Everests as we entered the park. We were the only Montana. From my understanding from several sources, the Everest has the little extras inside but is not necessarily as well built as the Montana. I know someone who has an Everest with a similar floor plan to mine and there is not really a lot of difference. They have a different closet setup with more drawers in the bedroom, but I like the nice long closet in our Montana. I guess it is another choice in the many choices out there.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the posting. Something to look for in the future. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 04:34 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
sgf, we asked a Keystone rep the difference between Montana and Everest from their view. We were told the Everest uses a higher percentage of build budget for eye candy while the Montana puts more into build quality, such as attic vents to vent moisture, etc. I can't vouch for the accuracy but that's what we were told.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 04:56 PM   #6
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Last weekend we had 5 Montana's in the campground and I did not even see an Everest on the road.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:48 AM   #7
spinky
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1106
Hi,
Last weekend we were upnorth in Michigan. On the way home we saw six Montana's on the road and no Everests. That is in an hour and a half trip.
spinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:00 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The Everest has only been around a year or two so we probably won't see as many of them on the road for awhile. But I'm seeing more and more. They are very nice from appearance, inside and out, but in my opinion the Montana has the higher build quality and that's very important to me since we're putting a lot of miles on ours.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote