Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2006, 06:57 AM   #1
HowardCh
Established Member

M.O.C. #6624
Sticking our heads out and waving Hi. Part II

Well, it's official: we become proud owners of a '03 Montana Big Sky 3280RL on January 2. We actually own it now, but put off taking possession of it until after the first of the year for tax purposes. The BOS will be dated January 2.

WOW!! It is just beautiful and looks brand new. We took a thorough look through and could find nothing at fault. The roof is excellent, the slide toppers are all in perfect condition, no cracks, slide seals look perfect. It rained like crazy here all day on Wednesday so we really had the chance to check for leaks on Thursday. We could see absolutely nothing anywhere. Peggy really likes the one piece sink/countertops in the kitchen and bathroom. It really seems bright inside and we love all the windows. We will probably move the sofa from the rear to the slide but no real rush to do that. It even came with four propane tanks, don't know if that is normal or not.

I ordered our B&W Companion hitch today and it should be here after the first of the year. The place we bought it from is giving us free storage until April so that was a pretty good deal too, and only charging $1/foot less 10% after that. They seem to be very good people to do business with.

Geeze I've rambled on forever. If you've hung on all the way to here, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. And Happy Holidays one and all.

HowardCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:09 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Congratulations. You are very lucky to find such a great unit.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
CONGRATULATIONS

On your new Big Sky
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Howard and Peggy!

I see you are from Platte City. Did you buy the Big Sky at Naylor's? We saw a Big Sky sitting there when we last drove by but didn't get a chance to stop and look at it. Sure looked good from US 40, though. Naylor's is a good dealer. We bought the current and first prior Montana there.

Good luck with it and I hope you get lots of enjoyment with it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on you acquisition and welcome to the ranks of "let the first guy take the hit" club. Used before does not mean used up. Our 2003 is a great unit. Enjoy!!!
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:42 PM   #6
HowardCh
Established Member

M.O.C. #6624
Thanks for the nice words, very glad to be one of you all. This is my first 5er but Peggy's second, so she is the boss.

Steve, we bought it down at Premier Coach in Riverside. Peggy just happen to drive by and see it from the road so we checked it out. What they wanted and what we wanted to pay for a 5er were so far apart I didn't even consider we would end up with it. But hey, you just never know.

Stiles and Dianna, we are most definitely one of "those" club members. I can't remember the last time I bought something new. LOL New is very nice, but I'm just too cheap.
HowardCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Howard,

I simply must make a correction. Members of our club are thrifty. Montana owners are never cheap. Looking forward to finding you on the road somewhere so we can take our discount coupons and have a two for one elegant dinner.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:30 AM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and we hope you have many happy days in it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:17 AM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Congrats on your new wheel estate. May you enjoy many safe and happy miles making memories together!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote