Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #21
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
UPDATE:::..spoke to tech support for PullRite the feeling from their engineering is my
truck brake controller is not set high enough....

so... i have up setting from 7 to a 9.5 (1 to 10 scale ) wheels do not lock up.

i will now drive a total of 1200 miles and see how this helps if at all....

still intend to buy a TrailAir pin box with airbag and shock....

meanwhile engineering at "SafeJacks" has sent me samples of bottle jack lifts that will CRADLE my axle.... distributing the lifting point....i found one size that fits the montana high country perfectly... that they will CUSTOM make to fit my 12-ton bottle jack using option "B".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6--bottle jack 3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	7723  
Attached Images

ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #22
dadnjesse
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17519
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
UPDATE:::..spoke to tech support for PullRite the feeling from their engineering is my
truck brake controller is not set high enough....

so... i have up setting from 7 to a 9.5 (1 to 10 scale ) wheels do not lock up.

i will now drive a total of 1200 miles and see how this helps if at all....

still intend to buy a TrailAir pin box with airbag and shock....

meanwhile engineering at "SafeJacks" has sent me samples of bottle jack lifts that will CRADLE my axle.... distributing the lifting point....i found one size that fits the montana high country perfectly... that they will CUSTOM make to fit my 12-ton bottle jack using option "B".
I use a piece of 4x4 that I notched out
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #23
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Bought a Moreride for our first Mobile Suites and it solved the problem. New one bought last year came from factory with one.

Pulling our latest Monty purchase (2016 375fl) from Georgetown to McKinney for new shades at MCD, I experienced porpoising for the first time. Scared me outta 10 years growth. Learned to hit the brakes when coming to a bridge or overpass and to watch the traffic in front of me more closely.
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 02:56 PM   #24
Whitty
Established Member

M.O.C. #22291
I have done both of these mods to my 3121RL. They both help but i think the air ride pin box is a game changer and I will not get another trailer with out one.
I also double up the plastic wear plates to remove any vertical play in between the pin box and the hitch.
1964 BWF
Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #25
J10er
Established Member

M.O.C. #24824
ForBruce, my rig is a 2012 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6’6” standard bed, fitted with the SuperGlide 18K hitch. I keep it adjusted to touch with some pressure but not forced. My 2011 Mountaineer 36ft may be slightly lighter. I have the TrailAir pin box fitted with the triple-slide plate. It absorbs all but the most severe hard bumps and also allows the pin box to coast slightly for and aft on the eccentric cams inside the plate that attaches to the hitch. Occasionally lubing the zerk fittings for the cams in the plate and keeping the slide bars lightly lubed for the slider, haven’t had much to complain about. Not having “Level-up” on the trailer, un-hitching and re-hitching takes a little extra time. I deflate and re-inflate the bag to avoid cranking the landing legs way high and back, etc. Works for me.
J10er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:32 PM   #26
Buckfisher
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24564
I got a Moryde pin box to replace the factory one. Works good for me and about $900 installed, at the Montana Rally.
Buckfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:47 PM   #27
KnA Adventures

M.O.C. #26598
I am actually headed in the morning to have the comfortRide slipper springs and shocks installed. I’m also installing the Kodak disc brakes as well. I have the super glide but don’t have a lot of clunking or chucking. I did add the timbrens for the stability and proposing and made a world of difference. The main reason for these upgrades is as soon as installed we leave for a cross country trip and back. We will be traveling on some of the countries worst road and hoping this will help protect our investment. I’ll let you know in a week or so how it goes. I’m thinking the trail air would be the last thing I would install. I don’t care for air and the potential maintenance and leaks you can get. Timbrens worked great and I’m assuming the ComfortRide system will as well. I am fortunate enough to live close to one of the top installers in the country for these kind of upgrades. Hendersons line up in Grants pass Oregon.
KnA Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #28
Badd857
Established Member

M.O.C. #27505
No Chuck

Anderson Ultimate Hitch. No Chucking or bucking whatsoever.
Badd857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:44 AM   #29
Bill M
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23206
I have the same slide, unit 3855BR. Tighten the adjustment some. Periodically that needs to be done. Be careful not to go too tight. If you can't slide it by hand then you are too tight.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:37 AM   #30
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Quote:
Originally Posted by J10er View Post
ForBruce, my rig is a 2012 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6’6” standard bed, fitted with the SuperGlide 18K hitch. I keep it adjusted to touch with some pressure but not forced. My 2011 Mountaineer 36ft may be slightly lighter. I have the TrailAir pin box fitted with the triple-slide plate. It absorbs all but the most severe hard bumps and also allows the pin box to coast slightly for and aft on the eccentric cams inside the plate that attaches to the hitch. Occasionally lubing the zerk fittings for the cams in the plate and keeping the slide bars lightly lubed for the slider, haven’t had much to complain about. Not having “Level-up” on the trailer, un-hitching and re-hitching takes a little extra time. I deflate and re-inflate the bag to avoid cranking the landing legs way high and back, etc. Works for me.
interesting to see your procedure for re-hitching by deflating the trailair air bag.

curious do you use any blocks on the front wheel levelors so they can jack high without removing any air from the trailair pin box
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:18 PM   #31
KJT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23367
I have a mor/ryde (19k) pinbox I took off my 3750fl and replaced with a 20k goosebox.
If your interested let me know.
$500
KJT is offline   Reply With Quote