Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #21
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
A dealer here in Reno offers a similar warranty plan. One catch, you must pay for a full inspection every year. It's just a way to get you unit in their shop every year and you pay for it.

StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #22
jstadler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19913
Warrantee Forever

Great advice to skip but how do I know what needs fixing since I am not an RV Tech? Roof worries me most.
jstadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #23
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Leave the roof alone. Mine is 6 years old and have never done a thing to it. I go up there once a year, walk it it see if there is a hole or any other problems and that is it.

Never wash or treat it.
Manufacturers say leave it alone.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #24
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
Leave the roof alone. Mine is 6 years old and have never done a thing to it. I go up there once a year, walk it it see if there is a hole or any other problems and that is it.

Never wash or treat it.
Manufacturers say leave it alone.

Take a nap instead.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #25
jstadler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19913
Roof

Thank you for your advice!

Johjn
jstadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #26
cmccuan
Established Member

M.O.C. #20195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstadler View Post
Hi I bought my Monty from a dealer who charges 198.00 per year to provide a lifetime warrantee on some of the items on my trailer. They said they go through the entire trailer, water heater, refrigerator, wheel bearing greasing and more.

I have found from previous life experiences that a warrantee of this nature my or may not be worth it. I am curious what others think. It means my trailer has to be taken 70 miles to the dealer, then back to my home site. So the 198 becomes more like 200.00 with fuel and I lose a least a week of camping. I would like to know if others feel this is worth it or not. More specifically I would like to hear from the seasoned owners who have years of trailer use.

Thanks John
Hi John, it absolutely is worth is, so far 3 times over! Also, they allow mobile inspection by certified RV techs. Mine have charged the exact same amount. It's well worth it
cmccuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #27
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
interesting. I don't think personally it is worth it but oh well. you'll find out someday what 'isn't covered.'
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #28
northern lights
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18757
Send a message via AIM to northern lights
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
I would be more interested in understanding what a "lifetime warranty" is and exactly what it covers.
Just wait till you try to get something covered & they say it isn't covered because the issue was caused by
"Normal wear & tear."
northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #29
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
We have the Forever warranty on our 2018 3731FL. Cost is 149 a year and is mostly inspecting the roof and fixing any potential leak issues, inspect and lube the axels and annual DMV inspection. I just need to be within a window plus or minus 30 days of purchase and can be done by any certified tech. So far in two years I have replaced the microwave twice and the outside shower (that I let freeze) and no hesitation on the dealers part. The main reason I got the warranty was for the residential refer since I felt they were a bit untested over time and was concerned about bouncing around on the road.
I think a lot of satisfaction is dependent on the dealer. My dealer is top notch for service and is only a half hour away. That makes all the difference in the world. I'm happy with this warranty but it's certainly not for everyone. It's like do I keep mowing my lawn or hire the lawncare guy. At this point I still prefer to do it myself, but I'm starting to think it may be time to let someone else do it. I also pay for roadside service and though I've only used it twice over the years, those two times make all the premiums worth it.
BTW, I once had a roofing contractor tell me their supplier's lifetime warranty was for the expected life of the roof, not my life.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote