Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #21
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker View Post
We use Simply Safe. We've been broken into at the storage lot and got the alarm afterwards. We have the cameras too. We're going on the road in a couple of weeks for several months so will be able to 'keep an eye on things' when we're not at the 5th wheel. Monitoring alone where they call you and the police is $15 month. For $25 a month you can check on it on the internet any time you want. The cell signal is built into the base station. If you want more info PM 7.3Ford (my husband) and he can give you the scoop. Also if he refers you you get a free month.
How does that all get powered in STORAGE? I have my battery disconnected in storage and no shore power. There's actually no way I'd leave my power cord plugged in anyway in storage, even if it were available.

Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #22
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Propane doors should not have locks - they need to come out quickly in the event of a fire.
It's actually against the law for them to lock.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:55 AM   #23
Mafoster58

M.O.C. #18000
Alarm

Check into Ring... for the alarm. $100.00 will notify you of someone's presence... takes video.... you can even talk to them.
It's wireless and rechargeable... lasts a long time on battery... depending on how many times it is tripped.you can set sensitivity.
Go online and check the videos.
Mafoster58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:39 AM   #24
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoster58 View Post
Check into Ring... for the alarm. $100.00 will notify you of someone's presence... takes video.... you can even talk to them.
It's wireless and rechargeable... lasts a long time on battery... depending on how many times it is tripped.you can set sensitivity.
Go online and check the videos.
Yeah I have ring at home and works great, that was my first choice. Still tossing up the idea lol.
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:39 AM   #25
Det107
Established Member

M.O.C. #17508
When my wife and I come back from the range I just tape her target to the door on the out side (she's a very good shot) with a note under it saying "this is my wifes target and I'm even a better shot", No problems so far...
Det107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #26
ijtsmith

M.O.C. #19877
I think the best security we added to trailer was motion lights. I replaced the light above door with a motion light that is wired to 12v (also great for coming home when it’s dark) and added 2 motion solar lights outside rv on side and back of trailer above our bikes we keep on bike rack.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077XQZ3RZ..._ftPdCbY7AWK87

We use a netamo welcome security camera in the fifth wheel (needs internet connection which we do through a hotspot always in trailer) that will alert us if there is any motion or if a alarm goes off (smoke/fire, carbon, propane detectors). There is no monthly fee and can get alerts through app on phone and upload to Dropbox.

We have a dashcam in truck out front and back window that records on motion so I park the truck pointed at trailer.

We also have a German shepherd but she is often with us.
ijtsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
rich6506547
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8222
Bigbird

I have I have a simple approach alarm that I put on the side of the trailer for someone coming to the door at night just something that down here in South Texas that might be needed also I do lock my doors down here lot of people coming across the border that may need stuff that I have I know it's easy to get into an RV but I still use something to protect myself
rich6506547 is offline   Reply With Quote