Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #21
Arizonacouple
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15914
We drove into our storage compound to pick up our rig and found the slides of the motorhome resting on the side of my rig. Fortunately there was staff onsite who called the motorhome owners. Two gals showed up and were just marvelous. They had no idea how the slide had opened with their coach being in storage. Once they retracted the slide we could see that the damage was only to the rain gutter and because we live in Arizona we let it go. It pays for people to be nice and to accept responsibility.

Arizonacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:11 PM   #22
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
We were in Arizona with our brand new Montana and someone sideswiped us as well... If people dont stop when they hit a pedestrian, what makes me think they will stop and leave a note when hitting property.. The World has really gone bad...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #23
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
OK, I give up; what is FW?
Fort Wilderness Campground and Resort, its at Walt Disney World, Orlando, think of a 5 star campground with all the Disney perks.

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:02 PM   #24
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by team bradfield View Post
Fort Wilderness Campground and Resort, its at Walt Disney World, Orlando, think of a 5 star campground with all the Disney perks.
Just received the May issue of Trailer Life, featured article is Destination Disney World. It covers Fort Wilderness

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #25
Captain 'Murica
Established Member

M.O.C. #21304
Update

I took the camper out this weekend and we had a blast at the beach. This morning I dropped it off at Camping World and got an estimate ($2,491). I explained to them that I'm in the military and will be moving to Kansas at the end of next month and needed it back before then. They told me that it wouldn't be a problem. The company called and provided their credit card information to pay for the repairs so the necessary parts have been ordered.

I have never had damage that needed repairs before so I haven't used CW. However, I bought the camper from them and it was due to go back in for the 60 warranty fixes. They told me that as long as they didn't have to order any parts from Keystone that it wouldn't take very long so it appears to me that the delays are related to sourcing the necessary parts.

I was a bit nervous based on all of the CW bashing I have seen and I personally haven't had the best experience with their sales department, but today their service team was extremely helpful and gave me confidence that they will get the repairs done as quickly as possible. We will see how it all works out in the next month or so.
Captain 'Murica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #26
Arizonacouple
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15914
We wish you all the best. I don't have any specific issues with CW. I just think that ALL dealer service centers are having a tough time keeping up with the increased RV sales. Our neighbors next door have a Jayco 5th wheel from CW. It has been in there for warranty work three times. When I needed work on my Montana I took it to my local dealer, I waited 2 months to get it back. The did a great job but we had to put some of our plans on hold.
Arizonacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #27
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Murica View Post
I took the camper out this weekend and we had a blast at the beach. This morning I dropped it off at Camping World and got an estimate ($2,491). I explained to them that I'm in the military and will be moving to Kansas at the end of next month and needed it back before then. They told me that it wouldn't be a problem. The company called and provided their credit card information to pay for the repairs so the necessary parts have been ordered.

I have never had damage that needed repairs before so I haven't used CW. However, I bought the camper from them and it was due to go back in for the 60 warranty fixes. They told me that as long as they didn't have to order any parts from Keystone that it wouldn't take very long so it appears to me that the delays are related to sourcing the necessary parts.

I was a bit nervous based on all of the CW bashing I have seen and I personally haven't had the best experience with their sales department, but today their service team was extremely helpful and gave me confidence that they will get the repairs done as quickly as possible. We will see how it all works out in the next month or so.
CW in Myrtle did a great job on a little body damage to neighbors Montana. It took Montana 3 weeks to crate the long piece of aluminum fender and have it shipped along with a smaller piece of aluminum, a fender skirt, and 2 decals. In shop time, 2 days. Other than CW did a much neater job with the sealant you cannot tell the difference in the 2 sides. Those CW locations with a 'collision center' seem a bit different as the collision center shares the same space but has a different crew and foreman than the service people.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #28
Captain 'Murica
Established Member

M.O.C. #21304
Ok so it has been a while since I posted this. Long story short; I am in the military and had to move from NC to KS starting in early June so I have been a little preoccupied.

It took about a month but CW completed the body work and it looks incredible. When I took it in for the body work we also did the 60 day warranty appointment and I listed a few things that they needed to fix. While it was in there, and knowing that I was going to be in it for a while this summer, I asked them to install a Washer/Dryer combo unit.

They ended up "letting go" my service advisor that I was perfectly happy with after the body work was done and I had to deal with a new service advisor for the warranty work and washer install. This is where the issues began. I called repeatedly and they weren't sure what was finished and what was not. When I finally pressed the issue because I had to leave NC they told me to come pick it up because it was "all done" and there was no charge.
A) I had to tell them that I had not paid for the washer/dryer and the install (about $1500)
B) One of the major warranty issues was not addressed
C) The dryer vent had not been sealed.

I got them to patch the warranty issue until I got to KS and seal the dryer vent on the spot, but it was a major pain after my original service advisor left. To summarize, they did an amazing job patching up the damage. You cannot tell that it was ever hit. However, as this forum and many others have stated repeatedly, their customer service is awful.
Captain 'Murica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #29
STIHLNTIME
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21339
Hope you are not going to Ft. Riley,lol. Camping World is hit and miss, my new unit was dinged in lot their lot while getting a very minor issue addressed. I almost didn’t notice it, but after showing the service advisor, they jumped through hoops fixing it, no one will ever be able to see where it happened, truly remarkable work. The original issue, Furrion back up camera, finally resolved it today with a replacement.
Sailun 637 tires Predator 3500 (2) paralleled
STIHLNTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have been very fortunate. We have had our share of problems large and small with both our Montana's. Our selling dealer over 60 miles away has been great in both warranty and non warranty issues. We have a nearby local dealer who does handle Keystone products but not the Montana who does all our routine maint and has done warranty work without issue. We have broken down on the road and Keystone customer service has always been helpful.

We have never purchased a RV from C.W but do purchase items there if they have what we need at the price we will pay.

The RV has never been at a dealer for weeks.In the case of a tank failure the dealer dropped the underbelly identified the problem buttoned it back up ordered the part and sent us on our way till the parts came in.The leak was at the top and we just filled the tank half way.

I alwys thought we had a lot of problems with our Montanas but they pale in compairson to the problems posted here.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #31
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Of our last 4 campers 3 were purchased at CW in Myrtle Beach. Great prices and service, warranty and non-warranty. I'm 70 and if I buy another it will be from Sean Kwant at Myrtle.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Of our last 4 campers 3 were purchased at CW in Myrtle Beach. Great prices and service, warranty and non-warranty. I'm 70 and if I buy another it will be from Sean Kwant at Myrtle.
We would have no problem in the purchase of a RV f rom CW. I have stated bef ore that the price you pay for a RV is directy related to your knowledge of the product and your negotiating skills.

We have never lived near a CW and they never had a product we wanted.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote