Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2007, 05:06 AM   #61
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim, in the 3400 would it likely be drawing air from the cold air return under the step? I would think there would be air passage via that vent. At least we get cold drafts from there in the winter. Just wondering if that's sufficient. I'm not real excited about opening a vent on laundry days when it's 8 degrees F outside. That return vent is right next to the w/d closet, as you know, so the path of the air from the vent would not be throughout the coach.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:22 AM   #62
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve
Our return air vent is not under the steps. It is in the Kitchen in the island. That was changed in the late 2005's to under the step. Since we aren't camping in cold weather I don't think I'm going to worry a lot about this. But I still don't understand Jim's comment.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:34 AM   #63
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Agree with Orv & Marge and Glenn and Lorraine..we are full timers, and have made good use of the space which would be occupied by the W/D. I don't think that "most" full-timers have (or want) the W/D, for the reasons stated by others above. I would try out the "without" option for a while before making a decision to get a W/D a install it. It sure takes up a lot of usable space!!

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #64
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Will agree with wait and see if you want one or not.. We did....we got one.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #65
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Sue. I see I read your other post backwards.

We did laundromats on two, three, and four week vacations. That was our "wait and see" period. There was no doubt in our minds that we will not fulltime without our own washer and dryer. But this is very much a personal decision to make the best use of that space to meet your own priorities. For us it's a no brainer. Washer and Dryer. For others it's also a no brainer - storage space. To each his very own on this one.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #66
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Steve - after about some 6 weeks of everyday RV living and trips to the laundromat, it is now a given, we will need to invest in a washer/dryer if we are to long or full time. It seems we are very dirty people and did not realize how many dirty clothes we accumulate on a weekly basis. Of course, living in a stick built home, with everything there, and plenty of room, the laundry was not that visible. Thank goodness we have the room and plumbing in place in the Monty.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #67
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Native Tex, we also must be dirty people. Cheryl seems absolutely amazed at the amount of clothes I can go through in one day. I think I just spill a lot. Maybe a diet???

We have been FT now for almost 6 months. We are saving up now for a w/d. Cheryl has decided... We are looking at the new(?) Splendide stackables. Trying to balance the loss of the top part of our closet for storage vs the capacity to do laundry at a much higher rate.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #68
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The splendede 2100 is @34 inches high . We still have 3 shelves of storage space in the W/D closet in the 3400 which we use as a pantry not to mention 25 inches of space between the top of the W/D and the lowest shelf. The W/D is working now. I am doing this and watching the football game...(aagghhh)..Helen is working on our travel blog. Doing the laundry is a non event.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #69
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
'Zxactly correct...strictly a personal decision..We opt for the extra space, and prefer once a week for several loads of laundry (while out and about on other tasks) rather than small amounts, daily, in the rig. One less thing to break down, initial cost, adding a drier vent, ya-da, ya-da. Flip of the coin..

Best to all,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #70
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We did our laundry today, at the Rv park we are in very nice Rv Park. We are in Benson Arizona, and laundry room was nice but small. We sold our Splendide 2100 in Mission Tx. DW ordered a new Splendide stackable W/D and its already in Mesa Arizona and have appointment for install on 15 Jan. and DW can't wait. This is the first time we have been without a W/D. Since we are full timing we can't do without a W/D. Yes we will give up some space but will still have some space above the Dryer. Good Luck on your choice. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote